British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Red Ken Suspended..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/red-ken-suspended-357384/)

TruBrit Feb 24th 2006 3:50 pm

Red Ken Suspended.....

Dunno if anyone's interested but I find it quite amusing...

quote...London Mayor Ken Livingstone has been suspended for four weeks from March 1 after being found guilty of bringing his office into disrepute by comparing a Jewish reporter to a Nazi concentration camp guard....

lol haven't read the small print but how out of order is that. Livingstone's tried to straighten his act up over the yrs but just shows you a leopard never changes his spots..

Sarah Feb 24th 2006 4:02 pm

Re: Red Ken Suspended.....

Originally Posted by TruBrit

quote...London Mayor Ken Livingstone has been suspended for four weeks from March 1 after being found guilty of bringing his office into disrepute by comparing a Jewish reporter to a Nazi concentration camp guard....

lol haven't read the small print but how out of order is that. Livingstone's tried to straighten his act up over the yrs but just shows you a leopard never changes his spots..

Nice to know freedom of speech still is a long way off and the PC brigade are still over-reacting to nothing in particular.

TruBrit Feb 24th 2006 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah
Nice to know freedom of speech still is a long way off and the PC brigade are still over-reacting to nothing in particular.

sadly freedom of speech has long past.....however red ken has always had a habit of putting his foot in it and says what he thinks... that's what makes him amusing to me.

Shahlax Feb 24th 2006 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit

I think this is about that Jewish reporter who has been following Ken around for years and basically stalking him. Ken finally lost it and insulted him by calling him a nazi camp guard. I think being suspended for that is a bit extreme given that this reporter called ken many names under the sun before he retaliated.

TruBrit Feb 24th 2006 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Shahlax
I think this is about that Jewish reporter who has been following Ken around for years and basically stalking him. Ken finally lost it and insulted him by calling him a nazi camp guard. I think being suspended for that is a bit extreme given that this reporter called ken many names under the sun before he retaliated.

oh ok i'd read about that reporter some while back...for sure ken speaks his mind..from what i'd read yesterday and today i thought there must be more to it for ken to be suspended...tks

BigDavyG Feb 24th 2006 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Shahlax

From what I'm aware theie contretent went something like this...
Reporter: "Hello Ken, a question"
Red Ken: "Oh ffs not one of you Evening Standard hacks again - you're worse than bloody German war crinimals"
Reporter: "I'm jewish"
Red Ken: "In that case your like a Nazi concentration camp guard"

Now if this is true I have no problem with someone being compared to a Nazi concentration camp guard, even if they happen to be jewish. However if you only liken them to the guard because you have just found out that they are jewish - well that's a bit different,