Recycling

Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:22 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jan_michigan
yeah ... why do we process their trash anyways ?
Well according to Jenny G we're a bit skint right now, and the Canadians prolly pay us handsomely for the privilidge I expect.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:33 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Originally posted by manc1976
We should stop accepting Canada's crap for a start.
Yeah, Celine Dion is pretty bad....
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:11 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jan_michigan .......
It just seems to me with all the problems that landfills cause more people should be voluntarily recycling.
I agree, ..... and I do exactly that. We pay a private contractor to collect our garbage - one four foot high wheely bin per week (and you wouldn't believe the number of bins we see each week full to overflowing, but that is another story! ) and the service costs us $14/ month.

However, we set aside all paper (newspapers, junk mail, envelopes, etc.) and cardboard, cans (steel and aluminum), and plastic bottles (types 1 and 2) and take them to recycling as there is no curb-side collection where we live. The most convenient recycling collection point is just a few blocks up from my office, so once every few weeks we load up the car and drop the recyling off on the way home.

This has two benefits: (i) I only need to bother to drag the wheely bin up to the roadside once every three or four weeks (I sometime wonder what the garbage collector makes of how little garbage we give him ), and (ii) we get the satisfaction of knowing that we have dumped most of our garbage on Charlotte city council!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 14th 2004 at 2:14 am.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:59 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Have always recycled everything possible -in the UK where we had to take it to a supermarket carpark, and here where they collect it (plastics 1 & 2, glass, cans, aerosols, crockery, scrap metal, paper, compostables..... ) weekly. They just stopped collecting rags but you can still drop them off for recycling. Plus they run sites where you can drop off reusable stuff for non-profit resale -from apple corers to apple macs, dumbells to doorbells.

Brilliant

(and, of course, the 10c deposit on bottle and cans. But why is there no deposit on Gatorade/Powerade bottles? They lie strewn everywhere thanks to this oversight. )
Old Jul 14th 2004, 12:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
Well according to Jenny G we're a bit skint right now, and the Canadians prolly pay us handsomely for the privilidge I expect.

Meanwhile, we ship our toxic waste to other countries.........

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/se...Btoxic%2Bwaste
Old Jul 14th 2004, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Meanwhile, we ship our toxic waste to other countries.........

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/se...Btoxic%2Bwaste

Yes the UK is one of the places where the US dump their waste, there I believe 2 large toxic contaminated boats being broken down at the moment in England somewhere.

UK must be feeling the pinch of the Iraq war also, next we will be taking the old nappies in from around the world for dumping of the coast of the Shetlands.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 1:07 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

I particularly like taking glass up to the recyling can. Nothing like violently chucking glass into the container and watch it shatter ito a million pieces.

What a sick b@stard..?
Old Jul 14th 2004, 1:15 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

We get all of NY City's crapola up here. Great big landfill about 5 miles away. Suspiciously the entire area has the strong aroma of sperm.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

ummm dare I ask what sperm is supposed to smell like ?
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:32 pm

Before or after eating asparagus?
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

eeww now I'm sorry I asked
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:41 pm

Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:03 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Originally posted by adeshell
I particularly like taking glass up to the recyling can. Nothing like violently chucking glass into the container and watch it shatter ito a million pieces.
But here you can violently throw it into a machine that gives you 10c then smashes it...
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Here in MA there is a 5c deposit on cans and some bottles. In our town there is curbside recycling, one week it is paper and cardboard and the next week it is cans, glass and plastics. We used to take the recycling up to the town dump to put into the big containers, but the dump only takes garden stuff and white goods ,furniture and that sort of thing for a small fee to recycle that.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:20 pm
Unclear Engineer

indybrit is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by jan_michigan
yeah ... why do we process their trash anyways ?
I didn't know they did process it.

I thought they just chucked it out into the middle of the road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.