Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for US+UK tax firm?

Recommendations for US+UK tax firm?

Closed Thread

Old Feb 20th 2017, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

lozzd is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Recommendations for US+UK tax firm?

Hi all,

Plenty of tax questions on the forums, and as I read the answers never baffle me any less.

I have UK rental income and US employment on a GC in the US. Last year I had a firm take care of my US side including the rental income and I was relatively happy with them (paid $600, still got a decent refund) but they can't file a UK return.

I've found another very big firm recommended by a bank who are UK based who could do both the UK and US side but they want £1750, which seems insane but I have some rather complicated NSO option vesting and selling questions which they claim they can handle (my biggest concern, I really need some advice from them)

Anywho, I'm sure a number of you have a person(s) or firm that you really trust, and I'd rather not go for random Google results, so if you have someone you don't mind sharing, or even just the rough ££$$ of what you pay so I know if 1750 is above the average or not, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Feb 21st 2017, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Kymbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommendations for US+UK tax firm?

We pay $1500 to our US accountant for doing our taxes and FBAR reporting etc. on top of that we pay our U.K. Accountant, so what you have been quoted doesn't sound unreasonable to me.