Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Recommendation for Tax professional

Recommendation for Tax professional

Old Sep 14th 2009, 12:43 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommendation for Tax professional

I'm looking for a recommendation for a Tax professional preferably in London or Houston to advise me on multiple tax issues.

I'm a dual UK/USC who has lived in UK since I was a baby and have never filled any tax returns in the US. I'm moving to the US (Houston) in January and will continue to own a property in the UK and need professional advice on a range of tax issues (US tax return backdated filing, continued UK income, UK & US pension implications regarding tax...)

Does anyone here have any recommendations for tax professionals that they have had experience with for UK and US tax liabilities?
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendation for Tax professional

Try the tax professional directory at http://www.taxationweb.co.uk/directory/.

There are a number of folks there who specialize in international tax. Hopefully you can find someone close to you, but if not, most good tax professionals will work with you remotely.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:15 pm
The Duchess of Putney

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink View Post
I'm looking for a recommendation for a Tax professional preferably in London or Houston to advise me on multiple tax issues.

I'm a dual UK/USC who has lived in UK since I was a baby and have never filled any tax returns in the US. I'm moving to the US (Houston) in January and will continue to own a property in the UK and need professional advice on a range of tax issues (US tax return backdated filing, continued UK income, UK & US pension implications regarding tax...)

Does anyone here have any recommendations for tax professionals that they have had experience with for UK and US tax liabilities?
Post your question on the tax board at UK-Yankee - they have some knowledgeable and helpful posters
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

buckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bink View Post

Are you moving with a job? If so, maybe they could provide some recommendations - alternatively as suggested place on the taxation forum

Best regards