Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A Really Good Guide to US Credit Scoring

A Really Good Guide to US Credit Scoring

Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:17 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Really Good Guide to US Credit Scoring

Click Here
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:46 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Really Good Guide to US Credit Scoring

Originally Posted by TRPardoe

That is really good, everyone coming to the US should read it
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, handy pdf file that.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 12:55 pm

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, handy pdf file that.
It really needs posting somwwhere permanent so it is easily found in future. any ideas where ?
Old Dec 1st 2004, 2:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I could stick it, but I think would need more stuff than that, like some of the other forums, a list of handy links could be useful and take space by being stuck, I'll see what the other mods think.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
I could stick it, but I think would need more stuff than that, like some of the other forums, a list of handy links could be useful and take space by being stuck, I'll see what the other mods think.
By the way - which game did your cute Avatar come from ? I used to have it on a computer years ago but cannot remember the name.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 4:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
By the way - which game did your cute Avatar come from ? I used to have it on a computer years ago but cannot remember the name.
Wouldn't have a clue to be honest, I found it somehwere, well had to modify it a little...

As for the links, well there are links section at the home of the site which included finance, but asked Paul to include your finance link
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Couldn't open the pdf fle for some reason...flippin' computer..I'll try again later.

But, out of curiosity can someone explain this to me.

We moved out here in August, with 0 credit history. Husband has been working since August and had a SSN since then. We have bank accounts, credit cards and 2 car loans from his company's bank..really useful for expats. We've made a concerted effort to put everything (I mean everything) on the US credit card and pay it off in full each month to try and get our credit score moving.

So, last night we started enquiring about mortgages with a few US banks, they checked his credit score and it was a fairly respectable high 600's.

This is the wierd bit, I got my SSN on Monday...yes this Monday. When they checked my credit score it was 751! So, I've had a SSN for a whole 2 days yet I have quote excellent credit.

We're not complaining, but just a bit confused. Apart from a mix up in the numbers, anyone any ideas why this happened.

Lottie
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie
Couldn't open the pdf fle for some reason...flippin' computer..I'll try again later.

But, out of curiosity can someone explain this to me.

We moved out here in August, with 0 credit history. Husband has been working since August and had a SSN since then. We have bank accounts, credit cards and 2 car loans from his company's bank..really useful for expats. We've made a concerted effort to put everything (I mean everything) on the US credit card and pay it off in full each month to try and get our credit score moving.

So, last night we started enquiring about mortgages with a few US banks, they checked his credit score and it was a fairly respectable high 600's.

This is the wierd bit, I got my SSN on Monday...yes this Monday. When they checked my credit score it was 751! So, I've had a SSN for a whole 2 days yet I have quote excellent credit.

We're not complaining, but just a bit confused. Apart from a mix up in the numbers, anyone any ideas why this happened.

Lottie
The original thought was that the reason you've got a good credit score is that you've piggy backed on hubby's -- assuming that the credit card is joint. Then I started to wonder -- it's strange that either of you've got a credit score at all since FICO supoosedly requires 6 months before it'll generate a number! No idea...

BTW, your score will be very voltile with young credit so don't going applying for credit willy nilly or it'll dive.

Also, don't place too much on the card or this will also effect your score. A good figure is not to use more than 20% of your credit limit.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Lottie

Could be an old version of Adobe Acrobat?