British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   A real cuppa ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/real-cuppa-631620/)

Patrick Hasler Sep 20th 2009 2:23 am

A real cuppa !

I actually bought a real china tea pot today from T J Max, it was the only one on the shelf, cost me $9.99 + tax, came home and made a fresh pot of Tetleys :)

Result ? ......... it tastes like crap :rofl:

Oh well .... back to making individual cups with single tea bags and the pot can be a decorative orniment :rofl:

HoosierDaddy Sep 20th 2009 2:27 am

Re: A real cuppa !

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler (Post 7946813)
I actually bought a real china tea pot today from T J Max, it was the only one on the shelf, cost me $9.99 + tax, came home and made a fresh pot of Tetleys :)

Oh well .... back to making individual cups with single tea bags and the pot can be a decorative orniment :rofl:

Why don't you take it back ? :confused:

Circus-of-Power Sep 20th 2009 4:44 am

Wrong tea bags ....always went with Yorkshire tea or PG ...never a fan of Tetley ..unless it was bitter or mild ... Never one for china teapots ..never had enough money ...cheap tin one for us

MrEmjoy Sep 20th 2009 11:57 am

Yorkshire Tea, is the only loose tea to use and the only bagged tea.

Once you appreciate the finer taste that is Yorkshire tea, all other tea may as well be dried sprouts.

tonrob Sep 20th 2009 11:59 am

You rang? :)

Ozzidoc Sep 20th 2009 2:14 pm

What about Twinings Earl Grey :) (I know, bergamot-flavored crap, but I love it!!)

Englishtart Sep 20th 2009 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 7948008)
What about Twinings Earl Grey :) (I know, bergamot-flavored crap, but I love it!!)

One of my faves too :thumbup:

helwardman Sep 20th 2009 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy (Post 7947713)
Yorkshire Tea

I always wondered where in Yorkshire all this Yorkshire Tea was grown. :lol:

Jerseygirl Sep 20th 2009 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 7948008)

My husband drinks EG but hates Twinings....he prefers M&S EG and our stock is getting low. I only drink PG Tips...hate EG or any other type of tea.

Paulycarts Sep 20th 2009 3:53 pm

Tetleys..the best!!!

MrEmjoy Sep 20th 2009 5:03 pm

@ Jersey Girl--

If you OH likes early grey, treat him to some Organic Earl grey from Whole Foods, It's made by Mighty leaf, if you can find it cheaper else where it's really really worth the cost.

Mighty Leaf is by far the second best tea in the world.

MrEmjoy Sep 20th 2009 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Paulycarts (Post 7948189)
Tetleys..the best!!!

Move along...

Jerseygirl Sep 20th 2009 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy (Post 7948279)
@ Jersey Girl--

If you OH likes early grey, treat him to some Organic Earl grey from Whole Foods, It's made by Mighty leaf, if you can find it cheaper else where it's really really worth the cost.

Mighty Leaf is by far the second best tea in the world.

Bought a box at my local supermarket...box of 15 on offer for $5.99...normal price $8.99. :eek: The bags and leaves are very similar to EG I bring back from Asda. My husband said it's a very nice cuppa.

Ray Sep 20th 2009 9:05 pm

I have only got Sainsburys red label ....

Optimus Prime Sep 21st 2009 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler (Post 7946813)

Try using PG tips then instead of that northern plebs tea.