Reading UK

Old May 16th 2012, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reading UK

Originally Posted by LA2JHB
Its all horrible. Why on earth would you move to Reading of all places?
A little bit of a backstabbing comment me thinks.....and a bit of a shallow reply....lol....
Old May 16th 2012, 8:41 am
Banned

LA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really nice

Sorry if I embarassed you. I know the brits hate embarassment and heaven forbid you ever criticize this miserable little island
Old May 16th 2012, 8:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Back2UK
So what is Workingham like?
How long does it take your husband to commute to London?
Wokingham is a lovely old market town, and has pretty much everything you'd need. The train takes around an hour (to Waterloo) direct, my husband cycles to the station (4 miles) and then he has a short walk at the other end, so it's not too bad.

Its all horrible. Why on earth would you move to Reading of all places?
Agreed, Reading is a dump. But it's surrounded by the most beautiful countryside, affluent villages and stunning scenery. Tarring the whole area with the same brush is rather like saying everywhere around Slough is horrible and ignoring places like Eton or Windsor which are right next door!

Originally Posted by Sue
Also look at places like Charvil, Spencers Wood, and Swallowfield.
Swallowfield in particularly is gorgeous. And the people that live near there are just fabulous apparently.

Sorry if I embarassed you. I know the brits hate embarassment and heaven forbid you ever criticize this miserable little island
Now you're just trolling. Which, as I'm sure you are aware, is against site rules.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 16th 2012 at 8:55 am.
Old May 16th 2012, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Now you're just trolling. Which, as I'm sure you are aware, is against site rules.
Looking at previous posts of LA2JHB a lot of them tend to say much the same thing, no matter where they are describing - the US, South Africa and now the UK.
Old May 16th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone for your replies they are most helpful.
Old May 16th 2012, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

I spoke to Letting Agent this morning and I was able to give him the areas of choice. Roll on Aug 29th..
Old May 16th 2012, 4:49 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to Letting Agent this morning and I was able to give him the areas of choice. Roll on Aug 29th..
Old May 16th 2012, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the villages in the Reading, Basingstoke, Camberley triangle are someof the nicest in England if you want closeness to London. Many are not cheap but tru gems especially off the A33. With great accessibility whether by car M3/M4 or trains.
Old May 16th 2012, 6:22 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely, there are some gorgeous places around that area.

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Some of the villages in the Reading, Basingstoke, Camberley triangle are someof the nicest in England if you want closeness to London. Many are not cheap but tru gems especially off the A33. With great accessibility whether by car M3/M4 or trains.
Old May 16th 2012, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

The furthest south I have worked is Oxfordshire so I am really looking forward to going to the new area.
Old May 23rd 2012, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

lived in the surrounds and worked in Reading for 17 years,i hated Reading ,but some of the areas are lovely ,i lived in Burfield common and Winnersh.BC was lovely ,so was Winnersh but it felt a bit bland with no community spirit.Wokingham would be my choice for that part of reading but there are so really nice places around.Dont go to Whitley and i wouldnt go to Lower Earley either,Good luck x
Old May 23rd 2012, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donna
lived in the surrounds and worked in Reading for 17 years,i hated Reading ,but some of the areas are lovely ,i lived in Burfield common and Winnersh.BC was lovely ,so was Winnersh but it felt a bit bland with no community spirit.Wokingham would be my choice for that part of reading but there are so really nice places around.Dont go to Whitley and i wouldnt go to Lower Earley either,Good luck x
Donna

Thanks for the info, it is always good to get different opinions.

I seen Sonning on "Location Location Location" that look beautiful as well, I shall have a good around when I get there in August.
Old May 23rd 2012, 2:03 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Donna

Thanks for the info, it is always good to get different opinions.

I seen Sonning on "Location Location Location" that look beautiful as well, I shall have a good around when I get there in August.
Sonning is indeed a lovely little place, but during rush hour their little road going over the bridge gets backed up with lots of traffic because people use it as a short cut from the A4. Just something to bear in mind.
Old May 23rd 2012, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue
Sonning is indeed a lovely little place, but during rush hour their little road going over the bridge gets backed up with lots of traffic because people use it as a short cut from the A4. Just something to bear in mind.
Sue

Thanks that is worth knowing, is that the bridge next to the pub?
Old May 23rd 2012, 2:45 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sue

Thanks that is worth knowing, is that the bridge next to the pub?
Yes, that's the one.