Wikiposts

read this

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: read this

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
The're's actually six of us posting in relay, while the others scour NJ for tonic
I just knew you were a multiple Gruff.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:35 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Its safe to say most Brits are aware of their shortcomings - and we also love to laugh at our fish-belly white countrymen on the beach, and our ludicrous attempts at speaking other languages. But for us its all about fun.
Fair enough.
Why does any comment that an American doesnt like end up categorized as Anti-American..?
I missed the part where I categorized this site or anything on it as "anti-American". I have absolutely no problem in criticising America or Americans, clearly we're just as big a bunch of idiots as anyone else.

Do I think people here are anti-American? No, absolutely not. Do I think some people here hold America up to an impossible standard and single America out in criticising failings that exist in every other country? Absolutely. I saw hypocracy in this particular thread and tried to point it out. My comments definitely don't extend to any other thread.

You need to lighten up, and not take it personally - we all took the time, and made the effort and commitment to move here (to the land of free speech!) and we are Brits sharing Brit humor.
As I said, the comments here slotted neatly into the stereotype I'm seeing people apply to all Americans all over the world. In most cases the stereotype is not applied in a good-natured or humorous way, it's taken deadly serious. It makes me, and I'm sure many others, a little sensitive to this kind of stuff. Goddammit, Americans are people too!

If it offends you, stop reading - we would still all be having a wonderful fun time without you quite frankly!
You're right, I have no idea what compells me to post on a forum I really have no basis for posting on. Resuming invisible lurking...now.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete

American supermarkets also have rows of empty shelves.
I live in Edinburgh and when I was at uni in Leeds I worked part time at Tesco there and here in Edinburgh. The only times we had empty shelves was when:

1 They were doing maintenance
2 When improvements to the store layout or expansion took place.

The only times any shelves got depleted in stock was when it was very busy, like at Christmas but it was policy to restock asap.

I've now moved out of my family home and share a flat with two other blokes in central Edinburgh so now I have the thrill of doing my share of shopping. I have never found a grocery store, or any other store, empty....that girl was in cloud cuckoo land...it just doesn't happen. They are always stocked up with stuff and, like at Tesco, they restock all the time.

And no perishable foodstuff on display is ever going bad or mouldy like one of you guys said happens where he lives. If it does it's very rare and something that got through to display by accident. All Tesco stores I know for certain make sure of that and I reckon all the others do as well as I've never found bad stuff at Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Asda etc. Sell by dates are very strictly monitored.

It's mega stupid to say stores in England "are empty for days"...that Yank girl is either mega loopy or wasn't sure which city or country she was in at any given time. Only an American could possibly confuse London with Moscow. Maybe she was doing something like "if it's July then this is Moscow" but she either lost her diary or forgot to change her calendar or whatever. A lot of what she wrote was just crapito.

Cheers

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:28 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lothianlad] Only an American could possibly confuse London with Moscow.

Hmmm, is this a slam?
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:37 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Being a tad unfair here ... My wife (American) see things in the UK totally different from myself ... Any South Londoner will know Tooting Broadway market as a total stinking craphole.. She see's it as a totally exciting place to be ..
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
A lot of what she wrote was just crapito.
As opposed to everything of yours that I've read.

LOL: you should save your own posts to read when you reach the ripe old age of 30.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:06 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
As opposed to everything of yours that I've read.

LOL: you should save your own posts to read when you reach the ripe old age of 30.
*LOL* to be fair, on the uk-yankee board, some American lady was asked how she got to the UK and she sarcastically said "I swam"

"Gosh, how long did that take?" was the reply..........

stupidity needs no passports.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cindyabs]
Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Only an American could possibly confuse London with Moscow.

Hmmm, is this a slam?
He doesn't understand a slam..... Ignorance is bliss or some such thing, I could say more, but then I lower myself.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:46 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

The north is blended with Scottish and is sometimes unintelligible, the south sounds more open and proper. Even east London has its own dialect, commonly called “Cockney” English, which can be heard in my favorite British soap opera, Eastenders

I do not sound like a F****** jock, Jimmy. Proper? Eastenders?

Where did she go? At least she didn't say 'Scotch'
Old Sep 24th 2005, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Being a tad unfair here ... My wife (American) see things in the UK totally different from myself ... Any South Londoner will know Tooting Broadway market as a total stinking craphole.. She see's it as a totally exciting place to be ..
"South Londoner" ...Hmmmm....that explains SOOOOOO much!!!
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:01 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a slam?
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
"South Londoner" ...Hmmmm....that explains SOOOOOO much!!!
Let's play horse. I'll be the front end and you be yourself
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
I've heard far worse....from much better!!
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:32 am
Ray

Originally Posted by rushman
I've heard far worse....from much better!!
Of course you have ..and you are from ????
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:53 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You really do need some new put-downs, Ray. When's your birthday? I'll send you a book

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.