Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Re-locating to Florida: Advise (also any teachers?)

Re-locating to Florida: Advise (also any teachers?)

Old Jun 15th 2016, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Jenbot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-locating to Florida: Advise (also any teachers?)

Hello,
I am wanting to move to South Florida, I was wondering if anybody on here has done so, and if so how?

I have a degree and a teaching PGCE (Quaified teacher to post 16), and I research species of animal in South Florida.

I use to live in Los Angeles but my visa was with an English company there and is no good for FL.

I really want to get bk out there but don't know how I can!!
I am out there in Aug for 3 months doing research and wildlife rehab and really want to get a visa..

I have even been offered work there but the visa's are so hard!!!

Any advise???!!!!

Also any teachers post 16 know if you can teach in FL with an English PGDE QTS qualification?

THANKS XOX
Old Jun 15th 2016, 2:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-locating to Florida: Advise (also any teachers?)

Your teaching qualifications are probably worthless, unless you go with a private school and in that event, do what you did before.

If a company/school isn't interested in getting a visa, it won't happen.

Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA : British Expat Wiki
Old Jun 15th 2016, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

I think you miss-understood.. I do not want to get a visa on my teaching qualification.. my degree is in zoology I am a researcher and study South Floridian species..
The teaching qualification is something I have in addition to my degree to teach ..

So other than a working visa .. what ways did people move out.. As I am already looking at employment etc (possibly PhD in the area)..

but I would like to move out there and work there permanently..
Old Jun 15th 2016, 3:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Errrr....did you not look? That pretty much summarises it.

What other people got for a visa is irrelevant and wouldn't help you.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Yes I know the visa systems inside out.. but how other people do things DOES help others.
very negative feed back on this forum..

"wouldn't help you", "it won't happen"..

let me just say one thing.
I left school and was offered a job DOG GROOMING.. I have NO degree, NO experiance and NO connections in the USA.. I contacted a company out of the blue and they sponsored me.. I got an E2 visa..

I applied for a 2 year E2 visa, I was awarded a 5 year with expansion E2 visa with a fast track green card application (5 years over 9).

you really should not be saying things are not possible, will not help or wont happen to people because if you want something you will get it if you try hard enough.

so... positive replies ONLY.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 3:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

"let me just say one thing.
I left school and was offered a job DOG GROOMING.. I have NO degree, NO experiance and NO connections in the USA.. I contacted a company out of the blue and they sponsored me.. I got an E2 visa..

I applied for a 2 year E2 visa, I was awarded a 5 year with expansion E2 visa with a fast track green card application (5 years over 9)."

So you were sponsored for an E2 without an education and no experience, offered a green card, apparently turned down the green card and now are looking to get another visa to live and work in Florida.

No one is saying it isn't possible, just saying it is very difficult.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 3:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You want to know how others got into the USA to live and work permanently? In my case, my immigrant husband came here on a K-1 fiance visa and married me (I'm a USC). Hope my example helps.

Rene
Old Jun 15th 2016, 3:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My husband was a partner with the world's largest accountancy company. L1a/L2...GC then citizenship. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 4:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My husband was a partner with the world's largest accountancy company. L1a/L2...GC then citizenship. Hope that helps.
My wife is a USC. We lived in London for almost two years and later I got a CR-1 visa, and a green card (passport stamp) as I cleared immigration in the airport.

I usually get frowned at here if I talk about how I met my wife.

Honestly, I am not even sure what the OP is asking for, or why?

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 15th 2016 at 4:48 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenbot
So other than a working visa .. what ways did people move out.. As I am already looking at employment etc (possibly PhD in the area).. but I would like to move out there and work there permanently..
I married a US citizen, not to get to the USA but because I love her!
Then eventually moved here, but that does not help you.

If you would clarify what you are asking we can all be more helpful.

Last edited by MidAtlantic; Jun 15th 2016 at 4:48 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 4:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I usually get frowned at here if I talk about how I met my wife.
Why, did you kidnap her or something ... ?
Old Jun 15th 2016, 4:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I applied for a 2 year E2 visa, I was awarded a 5 year with expansion E2 visa with a fast track green card application (5 years over 9).
Good for you.

I'm sure other people would love to hear how you managed to get a greencard out of the E2, because there isn't a direct route towards one.

That said, so what how other people got here. One getting married, one being a millionaire, one being transferred etc, doesn't help you at all. It's all about your own circumstances and if you want to read about other peoples experiences, then there are plenty of threads on the subject you could easily have a look at.

Good luck.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know the visa systems inside out.. but how other people do things DOES help others.
very negative feed back on this forum..

"wouldn't help you", "it won't happen"..

you really should not be saying things are not possible, will not help or wont happen to people because if you want something you will get it if you try hard enough.

so... positive replies ONLY.
When you post on an open forum you really cannot dictate what type of replies you receive. You have to be prepared to take the good the bad.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 4:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When you post on an open forum you really cannot dictate what type of replies you receive. You have to be prepared to take the good the bad.
Triggered.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 4:56 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure a lot of people would be very interested if you would be kind enough to expand on just how all this happened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.