Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

RE: Interim EAD cards at Orlando

RE: Interim EAD cards at Orlando

Old Jul 26th 2002, 4:06 pm
spiral

Default RE: Interim EAD cards at Orlando

After waiting over the 80 days processing time on my receipt then being told to wait another 10 days and hearing nothing, I trotted down to the Orlando immigration office to try and obtain an interim EAD, which it says on the INS site that they issue if you go over 90 days waiting time.
I just wanted to post this for anyone in the same situation as me...I am sure there are a few of us as Orlando is taking more than 90 days to process EADs right now...so I was told.
So, if you are thinking of going in to get the interim EAD...save yourself the trip!!! After waiting for a ridiculous amount of time I was told that, Orlando is (and I quote) "not issuing any interim EADs at this time" ..I couldnt persuade the guy to tell me if there was any reason for that. He just insisted that they arent doing them right now. (I suspected maybe because of sept 11 and tightened up security...or maybe they are just slow!!)
I just wanted to post this to try and save others like me a wasted trip. ))))