Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rats Eating Corpses In NO

Rats Eating Corpses In NO

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 2:23 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Rats Eating Corpses In NO

It's just so terrible:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005400911,00.html

I can't believe this is happening in the USA.

After reading the above account I honestly think that Bush should resign; he is the Commander-in-Chief after all and the buck stops with him. He appointed Michael Brown, the guy who heads up FEMA....apparently he has no background in emergency disaster recovery and was an attorney.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 2:37 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rats Eating Corpses In NO

Originally Posted by Englishmum
It's just so terrible:

After reading the above account I honestly think that Bush should resign; he is the Commander-in-Chief after all and the buck stops with him. He appointed Michael Brown, the guy who heads up FEMA....apparently he has no background in emergency disaster recovery and was an attorney.

Very interesting article! Did you see this, right at the very end:

"News Corp’s US cable and satellite television network, Fox, will also give more than $5million worth of airtime to charities helping out."

$5million worth of AIRTIME???!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 2:41 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira

$5million worth of AIRTIME???!!!
If it's to charities that aren't Religiously Right, that'd be okay, cos it'd keep their usual FoxCrap off the air. I want to see them give airtime to the French Quarter Gay and Lesbian Relief Society.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 3:26 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
If it's to charities that aren't Religiously Right, that'd be okay, cos it'd keep their usual FoxCrap off the air. I want to see them give airtime to the French Quarter Gay and Lesbian Relief Society.
I don't care who they give it to as long as they are helping. Those people are dying. The money doesn't know where it came from.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 3:31 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I don't care who they give it to as long as they are helping. Those people are dying. The money doesn't know where it came from.

But Leslie, this is about FOX giving AIRTIME (not $$$)...
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 6:54 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

It's just so terrible:

ARE you serious!!??

I was gobsmacked when he claimed to not even know about the situation in the Convention Center until Thurday!! Doesn't he watch the news? After the flooding we constantly heard of people on their way to the Superdome being directed there.......
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 7:06 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
But Leslie, this is about FOX giving AIRTIME (not $$$)...
Yes but that translates into money for the corporations who are helping. They can use their advertising money to help the victims instead of paying Fox for airtime. It makes perfect sense.... I'm confused as to what are you confused about.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Just bear in mind this is lifted from the same paper that had Liverpool fans robbing the dead at Hillsborough, and is owned by the same fat Aussie scumbag that runs Fox.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 7:25 pm
Homebody

Yes but that translates into money for the corporations who are helping. They can use their advertising money to help the victims instead of paying Fox for airtime. It makes perfect sense.... I'm confused as to what are you confused about.

I wonder, though, whether the charities involved in the rescue effort were planning to spend 5 million bucks on advertising with FOX...
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:01 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Me too-since it actually may work. The old if I do this, what'll it do for me thing-not lovely, but hey go for it.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:13 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Englishmum that account is mostly a compendium of what's been on AOL the last 5 days plus a little revving up of the facts as well.

As for the rats, is it horrible yes, is it surprising no.

Below are is some info on the diseases that can be a consequence of the flodding:

http://www.who.int/hac/techguidance/ems/flood_cds/en/

Sadly these are nothing new to many countries.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:43 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Englishmum that account is mostly a compendium of what's been on AOL the last 5 days plus a little revving up of the facts as well.

As for the rats, is it horrible yes, is it surprising no.

Below are is some info on the diseases that can be a consequence of the flodding:

http://www.who.int/hac/techguidance/ems/flood_cds/en/

Sadly these are nothing new to many countries.
Personally, I would be more worried if the rats were eating people who were still alive. In that heat I find it amazing that people are actually surprised this happens.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ben
Personally, I would be more worried if the rats were eating people who were still alive. In that heat I find it amazing that people are actually surprised this happens.
People gumbo ?
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:00 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

It's just so terrible:

The Sun has taken the most sensational elements of the aftereffects of Katrina and plonked them into one article. It's quite possible that some of the stories mentioned have not been verified too.

NC Penguin
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It's just so terrible:
Happens fairly frequently in the UK too..
People die alone and are not found for years sometimes ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.