Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rate your doctor?

Rate your doctor?

Old Dec 5th 2007, 4:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rate your doctor?

http://www.ratemds.com/social/

Kind of interesting...to see what people think of your doctors...well quite handy for those looking for a doctor.

So what do people think of your Dr?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rate your doctor?

Originally Posted by Bob
http://www.ratemds.com/social/

Kind of interesting...to see what people think of your doctors...well quite handy for those looking for a doctor.

So what do people think of your Dr?
Do you know I only met our doctor for the first time recently and I heard him (in the room next door) before I saw him. I tell no lie, he sounded exactly like Arnold Schwarzenegger! So I was intrigued to see what he looked like.... a mid 60's grey haired gent with perfect teeth - not really what I had had in mind!
He was so lovely though. I had taken my 7 yr old daughter to get her Hep B immunizations and the doctor was brilliant. It was a breath of fresh air to have a doctor laughing and joking - he even demonstrated how to stop yourself whilst skiing, in the middle of his office - he was hilarious! In England you barely get 2 mins with the doc and he wants you out of his office quick sharpish - this doctor had all the time in the world, and managed to make my daughter laugh while she had a bloomin' great needed stuck in her arm! Priceless!
Thumbs up to Dr Mysiak in Libertyville!!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:22 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

What doctor? I'm not having much luck with keeping a PCP (primary care doctor). After I found a really good doctor, she was my PCP for about two years until 2006 when she left the practice and moved her business to northern Durham. That's too far for me so I had to find another PCP.

I found Dr. no. 2 through a recommendation and have really only seen her for annual physicals. This summer, I got a letter in the mail that she's leaving the practice so I've been without a PCP since August this year!

So, I'm back to finding a PCP again. I don't think I'd use a website that rates doctors. I'm more interested in finding ones that are:
i) in network
ii) board certified
iii) have experience (minimum of five years as an MD)
iv) have specialities/research interests that are relevant to my needs
v) are recommended to me by friends/neighbors/coworkers
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keira-2007
Do you know I only met our doctor for the first time recently and I heard him (in the room next door) before I saw him. I tell no lie, he sounded exactly like Arnold Schwarzenegger! So I was intrigued to see what he looked like.... a mid 60's grey haired gent with perfect teeth - not really what I had had in mind!
He was so lovely though. I had taken my 7 yr old daughter to get her Hep B immunizations and the doctor was brilliant. It was a breath of fresh air to have a doctor laughing and joking - he even demonstrated how to stop yourself whilst skiing, in the middle of his office - he was hilarious! In England you barely get 2 mins with the doc and he wants you out of his office quick sharpish - this doctor had all the time in the world, and managed to make my daughter laugh while she had a bloomin' great needed stuck in her arm! Priceless!
Thumbs up to Dr Mysiak in Libertyville!!!
Aye, my current doc has been pretty good from what I've seen...though last doc in Maine didn't have much time to bother with, and the missus, her doctor would take 3 odd weeks to get an appointment and would say go to the ER if it's really that bad
Weird considering how much money they are bludgeoning off ya
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:42 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
What doctor? I'm not having much luck with keeping a PCP (primary care doctor). After I found a really good doctor, she was my PCP for about two years until 2006 when she left the practice and moved her business to northern Durham. That's too far for me so I had to find another PCP.

I found Dr. no. 2 through a recommendation and have really only seen her for annual physicals. This summer, I got a letter in the mail that she's leaving the practice so I've been without a PCP since August this year!

So, I'm back to finding a PCP again. I don't think I'd use a website that rates doctors. I'm more interested in finding ones that are:
i) in network
ii) board certified
iii) have experience (minimum of five years as an MD)
iv) have specialities/research interests that are relevant to my needs
v) are recommended to me by friends/neighbors/coworkers
I hear you!! :curse:

When we had to change insurance company (because previous insurer would not cover son's op... :curse, we were forced to switch to a different PCP because our previous one - who we were *extremely* happy with - was not part of the new network.

I researched the possible PCPs online but found that my 1st, 2nd and 3rd preferences were not taking new patients. After having been with preference # 4 for a few months (only saw her once), I received a letter that I had been bumped off her list because she was reducing her practice. So I'm now with a doctor who - although probably competent - I cannot really relate to.

The only other doctor option is a lady whose grasp of English (judging from what I overheard in the corridor) is extremely limited.

I hope I don't need to see a doctor any time soon...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Dr Mahatmacoat ..fantastic guy ... best I ever had...

I'm not back ..just a quick visit

one contract completed
one ear infection sorted

still in the midst of a dose of flu ..

and vista is great ...

news ...ends
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

one contract completed
one ear infection sorted

and vista is great ...

news ...ends
Yay Ray - we missed you!
Bob just knew that a doctor thread would entice you back!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:12 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

one contract completed
one ear infection sorted

and vista is great ...

news ...ends
You're definitely still sick if you think Vista is great.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Ray

and vista is great ...

news ...ends
New dell lappy treating you well then?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

It is if you've got Business + and need to use more than 2gb, 4-16gb of memory
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is great. The one before him was the worse doctor I have ever used and I dropped him for another doctor in his practice. The one I have now does not rush you through an appointment. He listens, actually listens to you and then talks about the matter with you in terms you can understand. What I like the best is that he does not push tests or meds on you for every ache and pain. He is more interested in you as a patient then you as a source of income.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Got to rate all 4 of mine 10/10, or close enough!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My local doctor is quite good...a little terse until you get to know him...or I can go to the larger practice about 8 miles away and chose from around 9 doctors. We have always had good service and can always get an appointment the same day if necessary. One of the good things about my local doctor is you are never waiting longer than 10 minutes to see him and he's in no rush to kick you out.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, turn yourself around and get back to that doctor!!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:29 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
.........one contract completed........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.