Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Random Gun Fire on New Years Eve

Random Gun Fire on New Years Eve

Old Jan 1st 2004, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Question Random Gun Fire on New Years Eve

Were your local news stations along with the police, warning people not to fire their guns in the air to celebrate NYE? The police here were going around house parties handing out leaflets asking people not to get carried away I heard that someone was killed in the valley last year because some idiot didnt believe the old "what goes up, must come down" theory.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Another candidate for the Darwin award !
Old Jan 1st 2004, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Random Gun Fire on New Years Eve

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Were your local news stations along with the police, warning people not to fire their guns in the air to celebrate NYE? The police here were going around house parties handing out leaflets asking people not to get carried away I heard that someone was killed in the valley last year because some idiot didnt believe the old "what goes up, must come down" theory.
Happens every year. A teenage girl was killed in her backyard a couple of years ago, but hey all these macho guys who have the right to bear arms think it is ok to fire into the air, like you said, they have to come down somewhere.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:15 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I heard about that on the Arizona news. Scary! I was driving back from the airport around then too, but I didn't hear anything. It pays to play Def Leppard very loudly! Ignorance is bliss. Lets say nothing surprises me around here!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:28 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

There was a news item on the Beeb from South Africa -
Tower block residents in Johannesburg have been asked not to throw fridges out of the window on New Years Eve....
:scared:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3359311.stm
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Def!

my friends band:

www.defleppardtribute.com

-= nav =-
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:22 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
There was a news item on the Beeb from South Africa -
Tower block residents in Johannesburg have been asked not to throw fridges out of the window on New Years Eve....
:scared:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3359311.stm
That's one of the most bizarre things I've ever read.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:34 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The new French thing is to torch hundreds of cars on New Years Eve. They have arrested 80 though.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

What has 7 arms and sucks?

Def Leppard.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:31 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
What has 7 arms and sucks?

Def Leppard.
I have never liked you
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 2:46 pm
Rock Goddess

Originally posted by supernav
Def!

my friends band:

www.defleppardtribute.com

-= nav =-
That's a great website! I'd love to see them live...they look like a lot of fun.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 4:20 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by effi
Happens every year. A teenage girl was killed in her backyard a couple of years ago, but hey all these macho guys who have the right to bear arms think it is ok to fire into the air, like you said, they have to come down somewhere.

And my husband and I thought it dangerous that the Iraqis were firing off weapons in the streets to celebrate the American capture of Saddam Hussein only a few weeks ago...

NC Penguin
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 4:48 pm
WBB

Originally posted by NC Penguin
And my husband and I thought it dangerous that the Iraqis were firing off weapons in the streets to celebrate the American capture of Saddam Hussein only a few weeks ago...

NC Penguin

they all have to come down and some poor sod will end up having one in the head.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Random Gun Fire on New Years Eve

They're a great band! Here's a list of concerts that are always happening in the LA area. Great bookmark:

www.moshking.com

-= nav =-