Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Rain in Louisiana Means

Rain in Louisiana Means

Old Aug 15th 2016, 9:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rain in Louisiana Means

empty grocery shelves in Mississippi.

The meat and produce departments in the 3 markets here in my town are out of fresh meat and produce. At the moment you can still buy frozen food but forget about buying chicken, beef or pork for dinner and the only veggies are those that you can buy at the local roadside stands. It appears we get most everything trucked in from Louisiana and with Routes 10 and 12 having been closed for days due to the heavy rains, nothing has gotten through.

I'm heading north on Thursday and then next Monday back down to Florida so hope this weather clears up for flying and supermarket shelves.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 9:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rain in Louisiana Means

Originally Posted by Rete
empty grocery shelves in Mississippi.

The meat and produce departments in the 3 markets here in my town are out of fresh meat and produce. At the moment you can still buy frozen food but forget about buying chicken, beef or pork for dinner and the only veggies are those that you can buy at the local roadside stands. It appears we get most everything trucked in from Louisiana and with Routes 10 and 12 having been closed for days due to the heavy rains, nothing has gotten through.

I'm heading north on Thursday and then next Monday back down to Florida so hope this weather clears up for flying and supermarket shelves.
What !
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:55 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rain in Louisiana Means

LOL, I remember after Hurricane Ike blew through, when the supermarkets finally started opening (after electric was restored) the frozen sections were a wasteland and everything fresh was gone. The thing I remember most was that every tub of mayo had disappeared. We cooked tinned hot dogs, corn and packet mash on our camping stove 😊