Radio 1

Old Aug 17th 2006, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

EmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Radio 1

I have Sirius(sp) digital radio, and I listen to Radio 1 every day.... we are a few hours behind, but its cool to stay in touch, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the humour. Scott Mills well let me say I laugh & laugh when Im driving listening to him each day.... my g-d that guy is so bloody funny!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Radio 1

Originally Posted by EmmaPeel
I have Sirius(sp) digital radio, and I listen to Radio 1 every day.... we are a few hours behind, but its cool to stay in touch, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the humour. Scott Mills well let me say I laugh & laugh when Im driving listening to him each day.... my g-d that guy is so bloody funny!
Found it very surreal when Sirius started R1, driving down the Connecticut Turnpike listening to something so British - used to listen whenever I got in the car, but now take it for granted and don't listen *every* day. Since it's been on, have discovered a whole load of music never heard on US radio. Plus, indeed, the British humour...
Definitely a guilty pleasure
Old Aug 17th 2006, 2:17 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

I get almost all British Radio stations in my car REAL TIME.

All you need is a PDA like phone with internet that can run Windows or Real Media Player. Most UK radio stations are on the Internet. I travelled from Atlanta to Florida and got reception 90% of the way down there. Since I have blue tooth in may car and on my phone, it plays through my car speakers...

I listen to Capital / Luton local, LBC, Virgin, Radio 1, etc - Here's the full list I have access to. http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/

It's fun. OK. $49 a month to Verizon for unlimited internet plan BUT I need that for work anyway

Now, when I get my UK sling box setup, I will be able to watch LIVE UK TV on my cell phone too Sad geek that I am
Old Aug 17th 2006, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmaPeel
I have a question about Sirius as I'm looking at a car that's got it in. Are you able to wind back to say Chris Moyles in the morning? Select any of the shows etc? At the mo, I just record it off the net and ipod it. Cheers
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
I have a question about Sirius as I'm looking at a car that's got it in. Are you able to wind back to say Chris Moyles in the morning? Select any of the shows etc? At the mo, I just record it off the net and ipod it. Cheers
Depends on the unit - I have a (now quite old) Kenwood head unit that has no frills. However, there are other units (such as Sirius Replay) which allow you to capture and replay I think up to 3 hours as desired. However, note that Sirius automaticaly time delays Radio 1 to EST, so, seeing you're on LI, you'll get Chris Moyles at 7-10AM anyway.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by franc11s
All you need is a PDA like phone with internet that can run Windows or Real Media Player.
...plus presumably decent cell strength ?

There's a big dead cell zone in CT (ironically in the heart of the gold coast commuter land, though it's probably due to cell tower nimbys) that I commute through every morning. If I ain't got cell reception, I'm presumably unlikely to get broadband internet...

Was thinking of the solution you have, but the dead zone puts me off. Agree it's the way to go (eventually)...
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:12 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinosaur
...plus presumably decent cell strength ?

Actually no. It uses 3G technology which is very different. When travelling cell strnght is important (outside of 3G) BUT it only needs typically a 32k connection... it's pretty amazing. My 10 mile drive to work, it's 100% all the way
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by franc11s
Actually no. It uses 3G technology which is very different. When travelling cell strnght is important (outside of 3G) BUT it only needs typically a 32k connection... it's pretty amazing. My 10 mile drive to work, it's 100% all the way
Is there a good resource to get an accurate 3G coveage map ?

Also, how does the Verizon plan for $49 work out - is that a DSL connection at home, plus use of wireless 3G services ? Or is it just the wireless access...if so, what's the bandwidth ? I currently use my cable co at home as I need a big pipe for work, but if 3G is an option I'm interested...