Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Quiznos Subs Advert

Quiznos Subs Advert

Old Mar 18th 2004, 7:05 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Oooops, sorry, I mean Steak!!!

now I feel stooopid

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
All available in a few bars in the city...Just REALLY expensive...

I suggest (should you be in the big schitty) ...

DBA (also known as 'Doing Business') corner of 1st Ave and between 2nd and 3rd St (I know, easy to remember huh)

The Blind Tiger - prob on of the best (non gay) bars in Greenwich Village...always have a greta selection of British hand pull ales and very cold European lagers...in proper English PINT glasses!!!

sorry to hear about your lack of decent lager in Texas but at least you can get a decent stake (can't you?)
Old Mar 18th 2004, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DaveC
You're a lucky man if you can get Stella in NY! I haven't found Stella in Texas yet, or Kronenbourg 1664 for that matter.
Have you tried Central Market? I am not sure if they have Stella but they have quite a good selection so they might. They are also pretty helpful and answer their e-mail.

I recently e-mailed them about bacon - they hadn't stocked it for a while, they replied, told me they had had supply issues that had been fixed and sure enough when I went in - there was my bacon.

Give em a go - there is one in Fort Worth.

Central Market
Old Mar 18th 2004, 7:38 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by snorkmaiden
Have you tried Central Market?
Cheers for the link snorkmaiden I was about to look up their catering facility for a little do we've got coming up. We're actually regular visitors to the FW Central Market and I always check out the beer aisle just in case...but so far I've always had to turn away in a forlorn manner!

I had high hopes that The Flying Saucer Beer Emporium (whose advertising slogan, incidentally, is "No crap on tap.") might have it but they don't - in their defence they do have Hoegaarden.

Chris, we do indeed get nice steaks here. It would be nice to wash a steak down with a Stella. Perhaps I'll smuggle back a six pack from the UK when we next visit.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Hermotimus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
"Nowhere, I can't get away from my ****ing computer because windows keep crashing you bastards!!!!!"

MBNA - "Whats in your wallet" - "an expired condom, 3 dollars, 2 receipts and blockbuster card from Soham.

What other advertising slogans can we rag on?

Nike - just do it (but please use our $150 sneakers while doing it, they would be $30 but we have to recoup the $80 million we have paid to Lebron James)

Patrick

I noticed a commercial just this morning for a nicotine sto-smoking patch. The voice-over informed me, 'Lots of people have quit using the patch. Wouldn't you like to be one of them?'

I am one-up on all the people who have quit using the patch - I never started using the patch in the first place.

When I was nine or ten years old, there was a public service announcement on TV about sexually transmitted diseases. Very ground-breaking, I'm sure it was. But it was so vague and warm-fuzzy - images of people walking in the park, the corner grocer, and so on, with a lovely little tune about 'VD - is for everybody - not just for a few...' that I naively asked my mother what VD was and could we please get some.

The Quizno's musical spokesrodents, with upside-down human mouths screeching their awful jingle, always make me imagine a rat caught in that conveyor-belt broiler they have. I've eaten at Quizno's twice - once because I was with a friend anxious to try the new one in his neighborhood, and once when one opened locally. That was at least once too often.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

SunnyDave is on a distinguished road

I was getting a bit pissed off that I couldn't get Stella as well but have found in Albertsons, 6 bottle for under $8. Give it a go.... you know you want to....just one more bottle <hic>.

When i went to the counter, there was this young guy behind me with a 12 pack of shite. He asked me "is that European stuff any good" of course I had to reply that it'd beat that piss he was drinking.

Dave
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:37 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

The reason all the yanks drink nats piss is because they feel all big and macho when they can down 30 beers on sunday afternoon and not even remotely feel any side effects or "a buzz" as they like to call it?

Give 'em a swig on some 1664 and they will be flat on their backs.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:08 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

it's true...I introduced a Yank to my beloved Bishops Tipple...(brought in by a friend on holiday) he managed about 1 and a half (admittedly larger) bottles before saying something like...

"yeahsch, (hic) fat's shure nighschtuff innit dude"

"little throng though" (at least I think that's what he said)

now I'm looking forward to showing him the UK this summer...I'm thinking...fried breakfast then pub crawl on a nice sunny summer day, you just can't beat a proper beer garden by a canal with a nice pint of real ale.

Originally posted by Yosser
The reason all the yanks drink nats piss is because they feel all big and macho when they can down 30 beers on sunday afternoon and not even remotely feel any side effects or "a buzz" as they like to call it?

Give 'em a swig on some 1664 and they will be flat on their backs.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Hermotimus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quiznos Subs Advert

Originally posted by Englishmum
Over the last few months in our area more and more Quiznos subs (sandwich shops) are opening up, as it's a franchise.

There is an advertising campaign on the tv but there are two weird creatures - which look like deformed rats - singing very badly indeed.

It's quite put me off ever going into a Quiznos!

However, I guess the adverts are so weird that the product they are advertising is definitely unforgettable....!

An unofficial 'Quizno' "rat":

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

The official Quizno site with the tv adverts:

http://www.quiznos.com

There was an article on the Quizno's advert creatures in the Houston Chronicle the other day:
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...digest/2466099

The story says, briefly, that some Quizno's franchise owners asked the company not to run the ads, but the head office went ahead anyway. One franchisee claimed sales have plummeted 30 percent since the ads debut.

Nobody is quite sure what the creatures are supposed to be, 'including Quizno's,' though the are called 'spongemonkeys.' The creatures themselves aren't an invention of Quizno's or their advertising agency, but rather are being used on license from their creator, Joel Veitch, operator of a London-based website:

http://www.rathergood.com/
Old Mar 28th 2004, 2:40 am
With 'er indoors :-D

Rumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really nice

Who in their right mind uses rats to advertise food - eat at Quiznos - as recommended by the rats!

The Arbies slogan "What are you eating" I didn't know it was a ****ing guessing game, I was hoping it was beef but if you're asking you obviously think I think its beef!

The advert for sleeping pills warns "may induce drowsiness" - well I ****ing hope so or there would be no point in taking the bloody things.

Any alcohol advert advices "please drink responsibly" why? 1. Whats the point in that and 2. What do you care how we drink as long as we drink lots of your product. Whats next, McDonalds saying "please eat responsibly".

Would you join "an Army of One" - you'd have to do everything, guard duty, kitchen duty, fight illegal wars, when would you rest? And why does the US only have one soldier - the rate they are dying in Iraq it will be a self fulfilling prophecy!

Has anyone seen that advert for the new teeth flosser which advertises how easy it is by showing how difficult flossing your teeth is now! How ****ing retarded are these people that they have problems flossing their teeth! For petes sake if you can't floss your teeth you really shouldn't be let out the house without a helmet on.

It worries me that a country that makes such a fuss about Janet Jackson's breast doesn't care their president lied to them about Iraq. A country where you can sue McDonalds for making you fat but can't sue a gun company for supplying guns to people to kill innocents. Where Same sex marriage is worse than Osama Bin Laden (I am in a same sex marriage, in my marriage its the same sex night after night!).

If Condaleesa Rice is so happy with whats going on in the bush administration why does she always have a look on her face like her batteries have just died in her vibrator, can anyone answer that?

I hear the CIA is officially changing its name to Oliver North next week!

I rant therefor I am sexually fustrated, if anyone wants me I'll be on www.supermodelsinrubbernunsuits.com

Patrick
LMAO you funny ******

My favorites are the ''Living the life I want'' commercials where the rank slapper with herpes is off being all happy about her dose.

I also like the blatant referrals to other products like, "Be a man and drink Coca Cola because Pepsi tastes like piss and will make you gay".

Oh and the extended side effect voice overs... "Feckitol will cure your occasional gas problem... Warning may cause fatigue, dizziness, liver failure, heart attacks, blindness and in some cases your genitals may fall off, please contact your physician if you experience death while taking Feckitol"
Old Mar 28th 2004, 2:50 am
Carrot Cruncher

pilgrim22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm always amused by the ads for drugs that have apparently contradictory side-effects... for example "May cause diarrhea and constipation..." huh?

enjoy yer dinner!

p22
Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:17 pm
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Who in their right mind uses rats to advertise food - eat at Quiznos - as recommended by the rats!

The Arbies slogan "What are you eating" I didn't know it was a ****ing guessing game, I was hoping it was beef but if you're asking you obviously think I think its beef!

The advert for sleeping pills warns "may induce drowsiness" - well I ****ing hope so or there would be no point in taking the bloody things.

Any alcohol advert advices "please drink responsibly" why? 1. Whats the point in that and 2. What do you care how we drink as long as we drink lots of your product. Whats next, McDonalds saying "please eat responsibly".

Would you join "an Army of One" - you'd have to do everything, guard duty, kitchen duty, fight illegal wars, when would you rest? And why does the US only have one soldier - the rate they are dying in Iraq it will be a self fulfilling prophecy!

Has anyone seen that advert for the new teeth flosser which advertises how easy it is by showing how difficult flossing your teeth is now! How ****ing retarded are these people that they have problems flossing their teeth! For petes sake if you can't floss your teeth you really shouldn't be let out the house without a helmet on.

It worries me that a country that makes such a fuss about Janet Jackson's breast doesn't care their president lied to them about Iraq. A country where you can sue McDonalds for making you fat but can't sue a gun company for supplying guns to people to kill innocents. Where Same sex marriage is worse than Osama Bin Laden (I am in a same sex marriage, in my marriage its the same sex night after night!).

If Condaleesa Rice is so happy with whats going on in the bush administration why does she always have a look on her face like her batteries have just died in her vibrator, can anyone answer that?

I hear the CIA is officially changing its name to Oliver North next week!

I rant therefor I am sexually fustrated, if anyone wants me I'll be on www.supermodelsinrubbernunsuits.com

Patrick
Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:48 pm
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pilgrim22
I'm always amused by the ads for drugs that have apparently contradictory side-effects... for example "May cause diarrhea and constipation..." huh?

enjoy yer dinner!

p22
Lots of adverts where the side effects are worse than the disease itself!

"Warning, taking this product won't help in any way shape or form, may cause temporary blindness, loss of limbs and flatulence"