Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A quick update

A quick update

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

postie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A quick update

Hi, everyone. Posties wife here. Sorry I haven't been on here for soooooooooooo long. Christmas, New Year, work etc. etc.
Well, for those that know, I have finally picked up my new birth certificate with my fathers name put on it! I'm like a kid with a new toy! It was so simple. My mother filled out a form, my father signed a legal document stating that he is definitely my father, and the main registry office in London authorised it all. Took about 2 months.
Now all we need to do is find out whether this makes me an American citizen.
I've read all the info I can find and it seems I am but I can't find out how to set it into motion. Any ideas?
We're all hoping this helps to get us over to the USA to be with my Dad (we found each other after 40 years, remember?) I guess my original posting can still be viewed for those wanting to know the full story (look in search for 'postie' and it should be there)
My husband has been offered a job with my Uncles truck firm as a senior mechanic but don't know if it's the type of job he'll get a visa for.
Anyway, write back to me with your suggestions.
See ya!
Posties wife
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A quick update

Originally posted by postie
Hi, everyone. Posties wife here. Sorry I haven't been on here for soooooooooooo long. Christmas, New Year, work etc. etc.
Well, for those that know, I have finally picked up my new birth certificate with my fathers name put on it! I'm like a kid with a new toy! It was so simple. My mother filled out a form, my father signed a legal document stating that he is definitely my father, and the main registry office in London authorised it all. Took about 2 months.
Now all we need to do is find out whether this makes me an American citizen.
I've read all the info I can find and it seems I am but I can't find out how to set it into motion. Any ideas?
We're all hoping this helps to get us over to the USA to be with my Dad (we found each other after 40 years, remember?) I guess my original posting can still be viewed for those wanting to know the full story (look in search for 'postie' and it should be there)
My husband has been offered a job with my Uncles truck firm as a senior mechanic but don't know if it's the type of job he'll get a visa for.
Anyway, write back to me with your suggestions.
See ya!
Posties wife

Thanks for sharing about this, there will no doubt be others whom this may help.
Old Jan 25th 2004, 3:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A quick update

Originally posted by postie
.... I have finally picked up my new birth certificate with my fathers name put on it!
That's great news PW!

Keep us posted with your progress!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

postie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi, there

Thanks for the reply. Today I sent off a form to find out if I am a citizen. Yes, I know it sounds daft and who knows what will become of it but I should try, don't you think? I don't suppose you'd happen to know if this will entitle me to live in the USA? (if I get citizenship/passport)
Good to be back on the forum!