Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A quick hello.

A quick hello.

Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

explorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to all
Default A quick hello.

Hello all,

Just thought I would make a formal introduction.
I moved to SW Florida nearly 11 years ago from the UK. I was born and raised in Worksop, Notts but have moved all around the UK/Germany because my old dad was in the army. I spent a good part of my teenage years in the Lake District where I went to boarding school and college. My last few years in the UK were in Preston going to another college.

I met my wife (a USC) while I was on my sandwich year at college. I was doing work placement at a golf course on Sanibel Island and signed up for the company bowling league. My wife's mum was the league organiser and one night while I was bowling against her team she asked me if I was seeing anybody. After I said no she said "This is my daughter, she's not seeing anybody either right now" and the rest is history. We hit it off well straight away and were engaged 6 weeks later. It was tough telling her I had to go back to the UK to finish college but we got through and a little over a year later we were married at a church right on Ft. Myers beach.

I'm really enjoying life here in the states, I do get homesick every now and then especially after I watch a bunch of UK TV
We've been back to the UK once, about 5 years ago, and while it was a great holiday and it gave me about 6 months of feeling really homesick, I have no regrets about living in the US.

I have 2 great kids (2 boys 4 and 8). The oldest went with us to the UK last time but the youngest has never met my parents. I keep trying to get my dad sorted out with a web cam but you know how that goes

My dad did just tell me that he hopes to get over here this Christmas so that would be good. But failing that we are planning to go over there sometime in 2008 (it's going to take that long to save for the airfare ).

Anyhoo just wanted to say hello....

Hello.....

Roy
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A quick hello.

Welcome to BE Roy
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:38 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by explorerman
Hello all,

I met my wife (a USC) while I was on my sandwich year at college.

Roy
Hello Roy

So you're in catering then?
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:41 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and Welcome
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hello roy and welcome to BE
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE! I know what you mean about grandparents with web cams kind of reminds me of the saying old dogs and new tricks.
We got my folks set up with one back in June, they're getting better but when my grandparents get on there it's a riot!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

explorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Hello Roy

So you're in catering then?
Only catering I do now is to the wife

Thanks for the replies everybody.

Roy
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:08 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Hello mate - welcome to the site
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

I moved to SW Florida nearly 11 years ago from the UK. I was born and raised in Worksop, Notts but have moved all around the UK/Germany because my old dad was in the army. I spent a good part of my teenage years in the Lake District where I went to boarding school and college. My last few years in the UK were in Preston going to another college.

I met my wife (a USC) while I was on my sandwich year at college. I was doing work placement at a golf course on Sanibel Island and signed up for the company bowling league. My wife's mum was the league organiser and one night while I was bowling against her team she asked me if I was seeing anybody. After I said no she said "This is my daughter, she's not seeing anybody either right now" and the rest is history. We hit it off well straight away and were engaged 6 weeks later. It was tough telling her I had to go back to the UK to finish college but we got through and a little over a year later we were married at a church right on Ft. Myers beach.

I'm really enjoying life here in the states, I do get homesick every now and then especially after I watch a bunch of UK TV
We've been back to the UK once, about 5 years ago, and while it was a great holiday and it gave me about 6 months of feeling really homesick, I have no regrets about living in the US.

I have 2 great kids (2 boys 4 and 8). The oldest went with us to the UK last time but the youngest has never met my parents. I keep trying to get my dad sorted out with a web cam but you know how that goes

My dad did just tell me that he hopes to get over here this Christmas so that would be good. But failing that we are planning to go over there sometime in 2008 (it's going to take that long to save for the airfare ).

Hello.....

Roy
That wasn't that quick...

Hello and welcome
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:56 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

My dad did just tell me that he hopes to get over here this Christmas so that would be good. But failing that we are planning to go over there sometime in 2008 (it's going to take that long to save for the airfare hmy

Hello.....
Roy

Hi and welcome!

I can't get over the fact that your dad has never met your youngest, that's very sad! Definately get that camera up and running and then save really hard for those plane tickets and get your behinds back to the UK for a bit!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:57 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:16 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE

Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:17 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and have some welcome loving too

Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:20 am
Just Joined

wiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of lightwiredjoker is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome Roy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.