Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Questions on USA

Questions on USA

Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:21 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions on USA

Originally Posted by begmohsin
The Economist, FT, Wallstreet Journal etc. Perhaps this is the problem, everyone thinks they understand the know-how and cant explain the complexity of the situation in its entirety. I didnt say exactly that what I said is the exact comprehensive solution, but its my understanding of the situation given my understanding of the science to some degree. However the understanding is cleared, it has been triggered from the Mortgage Markets and the Banks from the know-hows that I know of. Your information comes from how far you widely read and vice versa and hence form your understanding and perception. The problem is that other factors are making the problem worse, and this is inevitable because we live in a global economy and our stock markets operate globally. The root of all evil as the saying goes has been money and in this scenario its also money hence the banks. They took massive risks, and exceeded their liquidity ratios etc beyond the minimum. Am talking about the Basel Accord here.

cheers
So tell me - in which issue of the Economist, FT, or Wallstreet Journal did you read that the "economy of the US is booming"?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is not just the Housing market, that brought it to the fore front.

Read the papers, watch the news, much more complicated.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:23 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

OK, sorry, we were all just kidding. The US is crying out for people with your expertise. Just Google the "Gissa Job" visa.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:24 pm
Banned

begmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbj1000
You are talking total crap. If you have an MBA you're certainly not of a caliber to be making strategic decisions for large companies, either in the UK or the US.

Oh, and look up the word "collate". It doesn't mean what you seem to think it does.
Since you know what you are talking about and you think you have the right to judge, about other people's "Caliber" lol...........what qualifies you to make such judgement ?

You are ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:26 pm
Ping-ponger

Since you know what you are talking about and you think you have the right to judge, about other people's "Caliber" lol...........what qualifies you to make such judgement ?

You are ?
What's with your obsession with knowing who people are? Do you belong to the Glasgow CIA? Who are you

p.s. The "LOL" is on you - if you ever make it to the US, you'll need to learn how to spell 'Mericun.

Last edited by dunroving; Mar 14th 2009 at 7:29 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:28 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

The Gaussian Copula Function is far more to blame than sub-prime mortgages (which weren't defaulting above expected levels prior to the financial collapse).

By making super-high-risk financial transactions seem easy, these mathematical models allowed under-educated MBAs and overpaid bankers to trade in things they didn't understand, and led them to miss the warning signs that they had destabilized the markets.

It's not the complexity of the financial system that killed it. It's the arrogance and stupidity of the people who thought that just because they were paid millions, they actually understood that complexity. It's pretty clear now just how wrong they were.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:30 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

You are ?
Who am I? I'm someone who knows that 99% of MBA graduates don't have the sense to run their own bank accounts, and should be kept away from the business world at all costs.

I'm also someone who doesn't need to ask whether the largest economy in the world is suffering during the global financial meltdown.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:31 pm
Banned

begmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nice

Originally Posted by dunroving
What's with your obsession with knowing who people are? Do you belong to the Glasgow CIA? Who are you?
I dont know , if someone disagrees with someone, somehow one would expect to think that the person in disagreement perhaps m has competency in understanding the situation. If a Painter comes up and starts being critical to someone who works in finance, saying he doesnt understand what the stakes are, lol, wouldnt you be offended?

err, glasgow doesnt have CIA, its Scotland Yard ,
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:33 pm
Ping-ponger

I dont know , if someone disagrees with someone, somehow one would expect to think that the person in disagreement perhaps m has competency in understanding the situation. If a Painter comes up and starts being critical to someone who works in finance, saying he doesnt understand what the stakes are, lol, wouldnt you be offended?

err, glasgow doesnt have CIA, its Scotland Yard ,
Considering you supposedly live in Glasgow, I'm surprised you don't know where Scotland Yard is.

Sorry, I'll have to take a time-out, my sides are aching too much.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:34 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is top.
Karma to the OP - well done, very funny indeed.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Who am I? I'm someone who knows that 99% of MBA graduates don't have the sense to run their own bank accounts, and should be kept away from the business world at all costs.

I'm also someone who doesn't need to ask whether the largest economy in the world is suffering during the global financial meltdown.
I heard there are alot of mentally retarded people,lol in Texas, What's your opinon about this ?

Asking you was just reasonable to ask, in the sense, to see what competency levels you have to opinonate what you are opinonating. chill
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I heard there are alot of mentally retarded people,lol in Texas, What's your opinon about this ?

Asking you was just reasonable to ask, in the sense, to see what competency levels you have to opinonate what you are opinonating. chill
Where's your MBA from?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:37 pm
Ping-ponger

I think you should know that he has a Fud (that's spelled P - h - D), which I believe trumps an MBA (that's spelled M - B - A)
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:39 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by Xebedee
This thread is top.
Karma to the OP - well done, very funny indeed.
I'm scared to go to bed, I just know I'll have a lot of catching up to do tomorrow morning.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:42 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

BS = Bullsh!t
MS = More of the Same
PhD = Piled Higher and Deeper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.