Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Questions on USA

Questions on USA

Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:38 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions on USA

Originally Posted by elfman
ok so you don't deal directly with international macroeconomics or whatever the jargon du jour is, but have you opened a newspaper at any time in the last six months?
Maybe he works for Bernie............... no one there seems to have noticed anything untoward either...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:51 pm
Banned

begmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boiler
It would explain how we got in this mess however.
The mess isnt rocket science, its mostly driven by the Housing Market, as lenders residental and commercial default on large loans, banks are unable to collate that money and repay the Money Markets, from whom they borrowed. The players /lenders in the money markets are very diverse investors,whom actually further borrow by using complex financial instruments combined. Its a detailed cycle. Consquently note, for mortgages, lenders are now typically asking for up to 40% downpayment !

The reciession isnt affecting the whole economy, certain sectors are affected. Manufacturing is a typical sector which is affected simply because they largely depend on alot of "Credit" and engage in heavy borrowing from the banks.

In this moment of time, inevitably there should be more demand for Business strategists, Financial Analysis who are focused on Risk/Business strategy etc to help companies consolidate and economise. Financial Analysis are not Stockbrokers or traders etc.

Hope it helps, cheers
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by begmohsin
Hi

It depends on the focus area, were they focused in Strategic planning and Business consultancy ???? or Stock investments like financial research etc
I haven't a clue, I only know that there are many of them. All are well-educated, well-spoken, and had very good jobs until recently.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:59 pm
Banned

begmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nicebegmohsin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira
Maybe he works for Bernie............... no one there seems to have noticed anything untoward either...

Of course I read the Financial Times daily. But the downturn hasnt impact every part of the US economy, and in every state and in every sector. The impact is largely driven within manufacturing, Property and construction sectors. And the largest loss of jobs is within the blue collar skills, I guess its how you look at the overall picture, matter of perception. The Chinese will fund the American economy with their new stimulus package and in the UK, its already speculations that the downturn could potentially be over by the end of the year. Your perception is going to develop from where you collate your info !!

cheers
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:02 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=dbj1000;7379185]

You sound like just the kind of genius this country needs in Strategic Planning for our big corporations! Someone who doesn't know if the US is having a financial crisis and wonders if "everywhen is on hunger strike". Perfect!
/

Who are you to Judge ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:03 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

The mess isnt rocket science, its mostly driven by the Housing Market, as lenders residental and commercial default on large loans, banks are unable to collate that money and repay the Money Markets, from whom they borrowed. The players /lenders in the money markets are very diverse investors,whom actually further borrow by using complex financial instruments combined. Its a detailed cycle. Consquently note, for mortgages, lenders are now typically asking for up to 40% downpayment !

The reciession isnt affecting the whole economy, certain sectors are affected. Manufacturing is a typical sector which is affected simply because they largely depend on alot of "Credit" and engage in heavy borrowing from the banks.

In this moment of time, inevitably there should be more demand for Business strategists, Financial Analysis who are focused on Risk/Business strategy etc to help companies consolidate and economise. Financial Analysis are not Stockbrokers or traders etc.

Hope it helps, cheers
I don't have an MBA but I only have to open a copy of the Times Business section to know you're talking out of your MBArse. I suspect you are taking the p*ss.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dunroving
I don't have an MBA but I only have to open a copy of the Times Business section to know you're talking out of your MBArse. I suspect you are taking the p*ss.
Who are you to Judge ?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:09 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Who are you to Judge ?
I'm not judging, I'm merely making an observation.

None of the experts have a clue what the heck is going on or what will happen next, but you seem to have it all sorted. What is your secret source of information?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:10 pm
Banned

Are you a banker or from a financial background ?what makes you think you understand what you think you understand ? other than opening the Times business section, which is usually for those cant read anyway !
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:10 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Who are you to Judge ?
You are talking total crap. If you have an MBA you're certainly not of a caliber to be making strategic decisions for large companies, either in the UK or the US.

Oh, and look up the word "collate". It doesn't mean what you seem to think it does.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:12 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it helps, cheers
This so completely misunderstands the root causes of the current financial crisis that you make it very clear indeed that you have no business understanding whatsoever.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:13 pm
Ping-ponger

Are you a banker or from a financial background ?what makes you think you understand what you think you understand ? other than opening the Times business section, which is usually for those cant read anyway !
Hmmmmm ... so are you suggesting that bankers know what they are doing? Are you sure you have been reading the FT?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:18 pm
Banned

I'm not judging, I'm merely making an observation.

None of the experts have a clue what the heck is going on or what will happen next, but you seem to have it all sorted. What is your secret source of information?
The Economist, FT, Wallstreet Journal etc. Perhaps this is the problem, everyone thinks they understand the know-how and cant explain the complexity of the situation in its entirety. I didnt say exactly that what I said is the exact comprehensive solution, but its my understanding of the situation given my understanding of the science to some degree. However the understanding is cleared, it has been triggered from the Mortgage Markets and the Banks from the know-hows that I know of. Your information comes from how far you widely read and vice versa and hence form your understanding and perception. The problem is that other factors are making the problem worse, and this is inevitable because we live in a global economy and our stock markets operate globally. The root of all evil as the saying goes has been money and in this scenario its also money hence the banks. They took massive risks, and exceeded their liquidity ratios etc beyond the minimum. Am talking about the Basel Accord here.

cheers
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

And the largest loss of jobs is within the blue collar skills,
You are absolutely right. Come on over, the US financial industry is desperate for people with your skill set and insight. Qualified US based applicants are non-existent. Make sure you bring your cat.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 7:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbj1000
This so completely misunderstands the root causes of the current financial crisis that you make it very clear indeed that you have no business understanding whatsoever.
Do you have an alterrnative explaination ? intrigued to hear your opinon. Go on pal !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.