Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Questions regarding 245(i)

Questions regarding 245(i)

Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

xma626 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions regarding 245(i)

A person had his LC approved before 4/30/2001 when was in H1B. Then he got laid off and I-94 expired since 2002. Assume he is eligible for 245(i). So he can use 245(i) to adjust status without leaving US. But how can he reach the point of adjusting status?

1. Can an employer hire him and apply LC, I140 and I485, then he adjust status in US? (I assume it won't work since it's illegal to hire a person who is in US and is out of status.)

2. If he is married in 2000 and his wife recently got H1B and her company is applying LC, I140 and I485 for her. Can he use 245(i) to adjust status in US at the time when his wife files I485?

Are there any other ways to use 245(i)?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

xma626 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions regarding 245(i)

Anybody has answer for this?
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:38 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions regarding 245(i)

Originally posted by xma626
Anybody has answer for this?
Thanks in advance!
1) search for similar posts/threads on both the US Visas and the US Immigration forums

2) Post on one of the two aforementioned forums if you can't find your answers.

3) If you haven't already done so, please look at the US government's immigration webpages for your answers.

NC Penguin