Questions about ambulances

Wikiposts

Questions about ambulances

Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions about ambulances

Originally Posted by blaze
I thank god every day that my family and I only have to pay a small fraction of our medical bills, I think I would go back home if we weren't covered as well as we are. We would probably be bankrupt by now without it.
Is God providing the cover
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
on my insurance it says I pay if I don't have an overnight stay in the hospital.
That's pretty common.

And out where the in-laws live, a bit further up from them, they lease the sugarloaf chopper as they don't have an ambulance that always works, and it'll cost you $10K or there abouts for a call out.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:56 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's pretty common.

And out where the in-laws live, a bit further up from them, they lease the sugarloaf chopper as they don't have an ambulance that always works, and it'll cost you $10K or there abouts for a call out.
does that get covered by insurance?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

$150 deductible here and no information about ambulance costs. I imagine it comes under emergency services as well, and that's 90% covered after deductible.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:30 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

My township has a volunteer ambulance company attached to the volunteer fire company. I send a donation each year and that insures me for rides in their ambulance. Mininum donation is $15.00. I send more because I think it is good value.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I had a altercation with a flight of stairs on Saturday night which ended with me being incapacitated.

As I was in agony and could not walk I got an ambulance.

My wife told me I was being silly and told me I would realise the error of my ways when I get the bill

My injury was a broken ankle (sheared fibula) and a torn ligament.

I have what I regard to be pretty decent insurance - does anyone have experience of getting an ambulance and how much you got charged?

Do insurance companies come up with the 'you didn't need an ambulance therefore we won't pay' thing?
I had a silly mishap last week while I was on my own,and had to call the ambulance,luckily my husband works for the State of Illinois and we've got great health care coverage,I called the health plan provider the next day to find out what my co-pay was and they told me $000000!....we've got OSF Health Plans..........usually it's 20% co-pay for everything....$15 per doc visit and if we have to go to Prompt care...$200 Emergency Room...not sure about the rest...hope I won't need to find out!...Sophia
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:16 am

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

I've only called an ambulance once here in Dallas and it didn't cost me a penny because I got some great help and advice from the paramedics. You can always ask if it works this way where you are. Doesn't help the current situation but could be useful in future.

My daughter was injured at a gymnastics club and boke her arm. I knew nothing about ambulances costing, so I was pretty shocked when the gym people seemed hesitant to call. At that point, I wasn't messing around and just told them to do it.

The ambulance people came, checked her over (she was pretty woozy) and splinted her arm. Then they asked me to think about whether I wanted to use the ambulance. They explained there was no fee for calling them out, and that they would always come and fix anything the best they could. After that, if it wasn't life-threatening, I should take whoever to the hospital in my car. You only get charged if you get in the ambulance.

They told me to remember in future to call in any emergency, let them do their work to make the patient comfortable, then try to get to hospital under my own steam. That way you get the best of both worlds. The paras helped make my daughter comfortable in my car and turned up at the hospital an hour later to check on my daughter and say hello. Let's hear it for the para's!

Hope this info. helps someone sometime! I assumed everybody knew this but me or I would have mentioned it earlier.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Last edited by Scarlett-Dallas; Oct 31st 2006 at 12:22 am.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:22 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You always see that in shows like COPS .... people just won't get in the Ambulance ..just too damn scared of the bill ...
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:29 am

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You always see that in shows like COPS .... people just won't get in the Ambulance ..just too damn scared of the bill ...
I think it's worth knowing though. I actually gave my daughter the choice. I told her if she would feel better in the ambulance we would use that, but if she felt better in the car with mum she could do that too.

I was grateful she wanted to come in the car but felt pretty bad even thinking about money in a situation like that. This was during my early days here, before I got my Social Security number, so money was really tight.

The other good thing was that the gym was so grateful we didn't sue they paid all my deductibles. Until I realized they were terrified of that--the instructor had left Lizzy on a high bar for a minute--I thought they were just incredibly kind. She turned up at the hospital with McDonald's for both kids and offered to go to our house and get anything we needed etc. etc. She was a law student who was working in the gym to put herself through school. I think she was afraid she'd just ended herself financially. I know some people would sue in that situation, but I think people are way too litigious here. If you choose to do a somewhat risky activity you should be prepared to take responsibility for it.

My two cents!

regards
-=-
Scarlett
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:40 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Our doctor has a small cottage hospital if taken there and not the local hospital we don't pay for the ambulance...
He can do most things there apart from a major heart attack...
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scarlett-Dallas
I think it's worth knowing though. I actually gave my daughter the choice. I told her if she would feel better in the ambulance we would use that, but if she felt better in the car with mum she could do that too.I was grateful she wanted to come in the car but felt pretty bad even thinking about money in a situation like that. This was during my early days here, before I got my Social Security number, so money was really tight.
What a good Mum you are .. I would have given the kid ..a dollar for the bus ....... and taken that out of her pocket money at the end of the month ..
Old Oct 31st 2006, 1:35 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
What a good Mum you are .. I would have given the kid ..a dollar for the bus ....... and taken that out of her pocket money at the end of the month ..
Exactly. If my daughter sleeps in and misses the school bus, I charge her $5.00 to take her to school. After the second time, she learned to get out of bed when the alarm goes off.

a.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 1:38 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Wow I feel pretty lucky. No deductible here. No emergency deductible. Everything covered no matter what apart from co-pay on Drs visit $15. Having said that the ole man's salary is crap because of it, but most university teaching salaries are.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

As said, it will depend on your insurance. However, depending on who runs the ambulance you could get charged per mile and per person plus a flat fee. When I worked in medical insurance processing, generally the fees I saw for ambulance travel were in the $100-300 range. However, as they were insurance negotiated they only ended up getting around $50. If yours doesn't cover it maybe you can negotiate a slightly better than quoted rate.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 1:59 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who lives where there is a volunteer ambulance and fire company?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.