Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question for you girls

Question for you girls

Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:22 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
You don't get to opt for a C-Section unless medically necessary!

works though don't it?
And if our latest Brit in Michigan don't show their head soon, medically necessary arrives!

Last edited by manc1976; Dec 11th 2003 at 1:34 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 2:03 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

My wife had to have a c-section cause my daughter refused to come out. My wife was in labor and she's pushing and I could see Chloé's head nearly popping out but then she would dissapear, this was going on for over a hour in and out, up and down like a bloody yo-yo.

Anyways her heartbeat started to lower and it was all action stations, I'm get all dressed up in the hospital jim-jams 15 mins and one c-section later (I had a look at the tools used, and swear its like that last scence from Braveheart ) out she popped, the reason why Chloé wouldn't come out naturally was because the cord had wrapped itself around her neck 3 times so every time Mrs Yosser pushed we were strangeling the poor bugger!

Anyways, good luck Ash maybe you might have a proper christmas baby I hope everything goes well for you!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 5:04 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

I never did find out if this is true or an urban myth, but I've heard more than one nurse/midwife and new mum say that it's very common for women to be in Marks and Spencers when their waters break.

Apparently M&S sends a big basket of goodies to the new mum!

(Many women imminently about to have a baby have this 'nesting instinct' and suddenly become very busy, doing housework, shopping etc. I remember a friend of mine was hanging up some curtains and her waters broke....into a pair of boots she was wearing at the time!)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
I am surprised no one mentioned a c-section. Worked a treat from my sister. she was having twins, the little bleeders came out sharpish and no mistake.
I very nearly had a C-Section!!! I thought I would be holding my bundle of joy by now. I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and they found out bubs was breech had another one a week later still breech... arrive at hospital already for the section (Dec 4th) they do a routine ultrasound and they found it had turned... sent me home and now I wait.

Walked the mall for 3 hours today without a rest... well as ya might have guessed that one didn't work either.

Ash
Old Dec 12th 2003, 12:54 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
I very nearly had a C-Section!!! I thought I would be holding my bundle of joy by now. I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and they found out bubs was breech had another one a week later still breech... arrive at hospital already for the section (Dec 4th) they do a routine ultrasound and they found it had turned... sent me home and now I wait.

Walked the mall for 3 hours today without a rest... well as ya might have guessed that one didn't work either.

Ash
OMG! Don't you hate it when they send you back home?

I got Todd home from work so many times to bring me to the hospital he said he wasn't coming home again unless I could see the baby's head!

Honest he did!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

braddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing on Labour

Absolutely sex is the number one answer, its just finding somebody to have sex with you at 9 months pregnant thats the most difficult thing, even your husband partner is gonna find that one difficult. Apparently, according to the doula that I had its the sperm that triggers labour, so maybe you could use your imagination. Good luck.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 3:50 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Ash
So do you know what sex the baby is? We're having a girl. My wife had stronger contractions yesterday and we thought the time had come. Cue bags being flung in car. But sadly they went away, must've just been strong Braxton Hicks.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:14 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DaveC
So do you know what sex the baby is? We're having a girl. My wife had stronger contractions yesterday and we thought the time had come. Cue bags being flung in car. But sadly they went away, must've just been strong Braxton Hicks.
Congrats Dave on your baby on the way, heres to all those sleepness nights.

I wouldn't change it for the world though, I have an amazingly close relationship with my daughter we are so alike, so all those early hour feeds and burping are definetly appreciated by the little ones!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:30 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
Congrats Dave on your baby on the way, heres to all those sleepness nights.

I wouldn't change it for the world though, I have an amazingly close relationship with my daughter we are so alike, so all those early hour feeds and burping are definetly appreciated by the little ones!
Cheers pal! We can't wait for the wee one to make an appearance, she'll be the best Christmas present ever!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DaveC
Congratulations Good luck with the birth.

Nope I said I didn't want to know the sex... I like surpises I have had the braxton hicks too... thinking it is time only to realise nope more waiting
Old Dec 12th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
OMG! Don't you hate it when they send you back home?
I was a little shell shocked and in tears at the hospital... not sure if it was the relief of not having to have the surgery or disappointed because I was so built up to welcoming bubs into the world.... maybe even a little of both.

Oh well if I have not had it by my next appointment (wed) my doc is gonna set up a date to induce

Ash
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:17 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well if I have not had it by my next appointment (wed) my doc is gonna set up a date to induce

Ash
If you do as I did, you'll be returning back to the hospital soon after getting home wednesday night to have the baby!!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:19 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScarlettHill
far gone with pain at the time to realise he was worried Lizzy was going to be shoot into my undies and then boomerang back inside!!!
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
If you do as I did, you'll be returning back to the hospital soon after getting home wednesday night to have the baby!!
sounds good to me...even better if it happened before though.

Ash
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:48 pm
100% Pure

Congratulations Good luck with the birth.

Nope I said I didn't want to know the sex... I like surpises I have had the braxton hicks too... thinking it is time only to realise nope more waiting
Thanks! We're trying Scarlett's suggestion and have bought our cinema tickets for tonight, hoping that this will tempt fate.

All the best to you when the time comes...hopefully soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.