Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question for those who have US spouses

Question for those who have US spouses

Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

The INS or BCIS whatever you want to call them must really hate the internet ... personally I thank god for it... it brought the most wonderful person into my life

Ash
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:25 pm
Brit'n'TX

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
The INS or BCIS whatever you want to call them must really hate the internet ... personally I thank god for it... it brought the most wonderful person into my life

Ash
BIG DITTO!!!

Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:29 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Yup!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:35 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious, has anyone had any strange reaction from INS when asked how you met your spouse?

I haven't had the big interview yet so I was wondering if this was something they find suspicious or think is cool.

I'm the kind of guy that looks guilty no matter what I'm asked and for some reason have the paranoia that they'll throw me out after the interview. Sad I know.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rincewind
I'm curious, has anyone had any strange reaction from INS when asked how you met your spouse?

I haven't had the big interview yet so I was wondering if this was something they find suspicious or think is cool.
Not really either way... They acted like it was normal... I am guessing that probably 90% of the people they interview met online.

Ash
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Not really either way... They acted like it was normal... I am guessing that probably 90% of the people they interview met online.

Ash
They never asked us where we met.............
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Question for those who have US spouses

We met on an online game (UO) 7 yrs ago
Met in person 3 yrs ago
Got married 1.5 yrs ago

For those of you who met online, do you tell nosy people that you met online? I used to but now I say that I met him at college- it's just a lot easier
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rincewind

I'm the kind of guy that looks guilty no matter what I'm asked and for some reason have the paranoia that they'll throw me out after the interview. Sad I know.
INS didn't even ask me how I met my wife! Have you seen the film Green Card? I went in expecting to be questioned about what side of the bed I slept on, what color her toothbrush was... nothing! Quite disappointing really.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by manc1976
They never asked us where we met.............
They asked me at both the london interview and at the AOS interview and didn't show much concern either way

Ash
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Steff
For those of you who met online, do you tell nosy people that you met online? I used to but now I say that I met him at college- it's just a lot easier
Generally yes, because I have a lousy memory and remembering who knows what takes up too much energy. My wife has, on occasion, used a cover story about us meeting while I was over on a business trip. A couple of times I've been put on the spot by her relatives/friends and had to guess which story she's told/might want to tell them. Bleah.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:53 pm
Brit'n'TX

We met on an online game (UO) 7 yrs ago
Met in person 3 yrs ago
Got married 1.5 yrs ago

I'm just the opposite - for some reason, in the early days, I was actually embarrassed to tell people we met online ..

now when asked "did you meet in the States or the UK?" I answer "both" - then proudly tell our story ...

Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:58 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Brit'n'TX
I'm just the opposite - for some reason, in the early days, I was actually embarrassed to tell people we met online ..

now when asked "did you meet in the States or the UK?" I answer "both" - then proudly tell our story ...
I'm the same way... it just doesn't have the same stigma attached to it now that it did 5-7 years ago!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 5:59 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Not the full story, but we do tell them that it was online.

My wife and and I are not embarrassed about how we met all. We think its cool. But most ol' timers here just don't get it.

"Makin' lurv on the in-ter-net super highway," as my Mother-In-Law calls it
Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:00 pm
Brit'n'TX

and at the AOS interview
Ash
American Orchid Society?

Old Aug 4th 2004, 6:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Brit'n'TX
American Orchid Society?

Adjustment of Status

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.