British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Question for Smokers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/question-smokers-752556/)

Crummles Mar 23rd 2012 9:33 pm

Question for Smokers

Which brand in the US approximates to B&H, JP Black/Blue or Rothmans in the UK?

I've tried a few out, even the US B&H taste like Marlboro.

Many Thanks

Bob Mar 23rd 2012 11:34 pm

Re: Question for Smokers

B&H is the same...even seen Rothmans...think it probably all depends on the state though.

American Spirit ain't bad if you've got to smoke....but who can afford that habit these days?

fatbrit Mar 23rd 2012 11:36 pm

Second American Spirit -- wouldn't smoke anything else in the US.

Englishtart Mar 24th 2012 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9969437)
B&H is the same...even seen Rothmans...think it probably all depends on the state though.

American Spirit ain't bad if you've got to smoke....but who can afford that habit these days?

I know they are bad for ya, but luckily I can buy mine on base, usually pay around $37 for a carton of whatever I fancy, here in Canada I bought a carton of B&H, all sorts of scarey pictures on the packets:eek: and when I signed the CC receipt I almost passed out from the shock....$113 for crappy politically correct fags!!:frown: Thank goodness I am going home in 3 weeks, would have to give up my bad habit if I had to pay these crazy stupid prices!!

Ash UK/US Mar 24th 2012 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Englishtart (Post 9969637)
I know they are bad for ya, but luckily I can buy mine on base, usually pay around $37 for a carton of whatever I fancy, here in Canada I bought a carton of B&H, all sorts of scarey pictures on the packets:eek: and when I signed the CC receipt I almost passed out from the shock....$113 for crappy politically correct fags!!:frown: Thank goodness I am going home in 3 weeks, would have to give up my bad habit if I had to pay these crazy stupid prices!!

are you getting them on the cheap when you get home? According to my rough math you will be paying approx $111 in the UK too.

Bob Mar 24th 2012 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Englishtart (Post 9969637)

Damn, $37 a carton? They're around $80-90 a carton in MA.

I haven't chummed a fag in years because of the cost. They're fun, but they aren't that fun, but I can switch them on or off and don't have a issue with them which I suppose is lucky.

Englishtart Mar 24th 2012 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US (Post 9969728)
are you getting them on the cheap when you get home? According to my rough math you will be paying approx $111 in the UK too.

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9970076)
Damn, $37 a carton? They're around $80-90 a carton in MA.

I haven't chummed a fag in years because of the cost. They're fun, but they aren't that fun, but I can switch them on or off and don't have a issue with them which I suppose is lucky.

Ash, I meant 'home' as in back to Charleston, and luckily I can buy them from the US base (no tax) that is why they are so cheap.

Bob, I confess, I enjoy my bad habit, but not for the price they charge here in Canada!:frown: