Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question for Rete,Avlena: Name misspelled in 10 Years green card. What to do??

Question for Rete,Avlena: Name misspelled in 10 Years green card. What to do??

Old May 9th 2002, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

dan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for Rete,Avlena: Name misspelled in 10 Years green card. What to do??

Hi
Thanks to rete, rajajani, Paulgani, Avalena for your advice for number of times. I got my 10 year green card after approval of I751 case. How to proceed for this? I may have to go to my home country in near future. I got my 10 years green card 1 1/2 months after submiiting my photos, conditional green card etc. Do I have to submit new 2 photos to them and any fee and any forms to be filled in??

Thanks!

Dan
Old May 9th 2002, 11:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Rete,Avlena: Name misspelled in 10 Years green card. What to do??

Dan

If you are able to walk into your INS office, do so with the new card and request that they process a new I-89<?> for you. Bring another photo just in case you need it. Also bring your passport and ask them to please put a new I-551 in it as you will be traveling outside of the country and don't want to encounter a problem at the POE.

Rete
Old May 10th 2002, 1:20 am
Michael Voight

Default Re: Question for Rete,Avlena: Name misspelled in 10 Years green card.

I-90.. I would go to an INS office and file it in person to get the fee waived.
and... get your passport stamped since you have to turn in the bad card

Rete wrote:
    >
    > Dan
    >
    > If you are able to walk into your INS office, do so with the new card and request
    > that they process a new I-89<?> for you. Bring another photo just in case you need
    > it. Also bring your passport and ask them to please put a new I-551 in it as you
    > will be traveling outside of the country and don't want to encounter a problem at
    > the POE.
    >
    > Rete
    >
    > --
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 10th 2002, 2:20 am
Mdudall

Default Re: Question for Rete,Avlena: Name misspelled in 10 Years green card. What to do??

>If you are able to walk into your INS office, do so with the new card and request
    >that they process a new I-89<?> for you. Bring another photo just in case you
    >need it. Also bring your passport and ask them to please put a new I-551 in it as
    >you will be traveling outside of the country and don't want to encounter a
    >problem at the POE.

Just to add a little to what Rita said, I would also take a copy of the I-485 that
you filed, even a copy of the G-325A that you filed, to show that you listed your
name correctly on the forms and that it was "their" error.

Good luck.

Matthew Udall Attorney

Old May 10th 2002, 3:20 am
Ranjini

That's a great idea Matt. I'm going to file your suggestion for future reference.
Still waiting for our 10 year green card. Since we haven't had a single hiccup so
far, I'm thinking maybe there's something ahead. Law of averages and all that. Thanks
& regards, Ranjini

"MDUdall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > >If you are able to walk into your INS office, do so with the new card and request
    > >that they process a new I-89<?> for you. Bring another photo just in case you need
    > >it. Also bring your passport and ask them to please put a new I-551 in it as you
    > >will be traveling outside of the country and don't want to encounter a problem at
    > >the POE.
    >
    > Just to add a little to what Rita said, I would also take a copy of the
I-485
    > that you filed, even a copy of the G-325A that you filed, to show that you listed
    > your name correctly on the forms and that it was "their" error.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > Matthew Udall Attorney

Old May 10th 2002, 6:20 am
Mrtravel

Right/ They put my daughter's middle name instead of her first name on the green
card. We went to an appointment during an INS San Jose road trip to Watsonville
because there is no place on the I-90 to ask for the fee to be waived. The INS agent
even verified the info in the database. CSC later sent an RFE to get a copy of her
birth cert. Never mind that ALL paperwork had the correct name, even her CR visa.

MDUdall wrote:

> >If you are able to walk into your INS office, do so with the new card and request
    > >that they process a new I-89<?> for you. Bring another photo just in case you need
    > >it. Also bring your passport and ask them to please put a new I-551 in it as you
    > >will be traveling outside of the country and don't want to encounter a problem at
    > >the POE.
    >
    > Just to add a little to what Rita said, I would also take a copy of the I-485 that
    > you filed, even a copy of the G-325A that you filed, to show that you listed your
    > name correctly on the forms and that it was "their" error.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > Matthew Udall Attorney

Old May 10th 2002, 1:20 pm
Ranjini

Did they waive the fee?? Ranjini

"mrtravel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Right/ They put my daughter's middle name instead of her first name on the
green
    > card. We went to an appointment during an INS San Jose road trip to Watsonville
because
    > there is no place on the I-90 to ask for the fee to be waived. The INS
agent even
    > verified the info in the database. CSC later sent an RFE to get a copy of
her
    > birth cert. Never mind that ALL paperwork had the correct name, even her CR visa.
    >
    >
    > MDUdall wrote:
    >
    > > >If you are able to walk into your INS office, do so with the new card and
    > > >request that they process a new I-89<?> for you. Bring another
photo
    > > >just in case you need it. Also bring your passport and ask them to please put a
    > > >new I-551 in it as you will be traveling outside of the country and don't want
    > > >to encounter a problem at the POE.
    > >
    > > Just to add a little to what Rita said, I would also take a copy of the
I-485
    > > that you filed, even a copy of the G-325A that you filed, to show that
you
    > > listed your name correctly on the forms and that it was "their" error.
    > >
    > > Good luck.
    > >
    > > Matthew Udall Attorney

Old May 10th 2002, 9:20 pm
Michael Voight

Ranjini wrote:
    >
    > Did they waive the fee?? Ranjini

Sure, it was clearly their error.

Old May 10th 2002, 11:20 pm
Ranjini

That's good to know. Thanks.

"Michael Voight" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    >
    > Ranjini wrote:
    > >
    > > Did they waive the fee?? Ranjini
    >
    > Sure, it was clearly their error.