Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question to Medling Moderators in the USA forum

Question to Medling Moderators in the USA forum

Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:14 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question to Medling Moderators in the USA forum

Why do you move threads? If the poster wanted it in another forum they would have started it there. It is not up to the moderators to force their moral agenda on the rest of us as we are all grown ups and make our own decisions.

The amount of threads that get moved - especially ones that have been well established in one forum (10 pages) then get moved on a whim. Its ridiculous.

This is not the first time I have had this gripe with moderators deleting, moving or generally changing posts and threads. These threads take on a life of there own and become more about the banter than the subject in most cases, if we wanted this banter with the ausie forum we would go on there.

Unless its truely offensive (which non of the ones you have moved have been) then leave them alone.

$10 some moron moves this! Its only for the mods in the USA forum, not for moving!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question to Medling Moderators in the USA forum

Originally Posted by Patrick
Why do you move threads? If the poster wanted it in another forum they would have started it there. It is not up to the moderators to force their moral agenda on the rest of us as we are all grown ups and make our own decisions.

The amount of threads that get moved - especially ones that have been well established in one forum (10 pages) then get moved on a whim. Its ridiculous.

This is not the first time I have had this gripe with moderators deleting, moving or generally changing posts and threads. These threads take on a life of there own and become more about the banter than the subject in most cases, if we wanted this banter with the ausie forum we would go on there.

Unless its truely offensive (which non of the ones you have moved have been) then leave them alone.

$10 some moron moves this! Its only for the mods in the USA forum, not for moving!

I quite agree - i was deleted twice and ended up in the lounge once this week - all in a 15 minutes period!!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question to Medling Moderators in the USA forum

As per our forum rules:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...q_new_faq_item

"Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved."

Nothing gets moved on a whim.

I don't consider myself a moron.

I won't move this or delete it but I am closing it. If you have a problem with that feel free to send me a pm!

Originally Posted by Patrick