Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question to F1 Visa holders

Question to F1 Visa holders

Old Dec 5th 2001, 7:37 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 3
RS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
I would like to know how to obtain a US student visa? What url link do you have? When to take the entrance test? I would prefer to be in the state of NY coz my benefactor is living there.
You help is sincerely appreciated. Hope to hear from you.

RS is offline  
Old Dec 6th 2001, 2:50 pm
Posts: n/a

RS <[email protected]>

You must first apply to schools that interest you in the NY area. After you are
admitted they will send you thr Form I 20 which you will have to take to the US
consulate in your country and apply for a F1 visa. Good Luck!
Old Dec 10th 2001, 7:22 pm
Sylvia Ottemoeller
Posts: n/a

RS wrote:


You must select an academic program that you like at a school that you like, apply
for admission, and obtain admission. For general guidance, see
http://www.edupass.org/, http://www.embark.com/default.asp,

Here are just about all the schools in the U.S.:
http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/. Each school has its own requirements for
admission. Here is a guide to the reputation of most schools:

When you have been admitted, and shown that you have enough funding, the school will
send you Form I-20. With that, you may get a visa stamp at the U.S. consulate, and
enter the U.S. in F-1 status to start school.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.