Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question...CSC/London

Question...CSC/London

Old Oct 12th 2002, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Tiff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question...CSC/London

I just read through Davehollis.com and noticed there is no one listed on there dealing with London that went through CSC in 2002. I realize that not everyone that applies for these visas is listed on that site but I hope we are not going to be the guinnea pigs with these two agencies.

Anyone have timelines dealing with California and London?
Old Oct 12th 2002, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Question...CSC/London

Hi, I haven't applied yet, but will be going through the same agencies as you. I'm not sure if you're aware but your English Fiance can open a provisional file in the UK by submitting his forms to the London office and requesting that a provisional file be started for him, it's suppose to speed up the overall process. I'm just waiting to get our photos done, then I'm sending in the forms. Good Luck to you both
Old Oct 12th 2002, 9:26 am
Scarlett

>Anyone have timelines dealing with California and London?

I can't help with the California side but the London part of this timeline
should help a bit, I hope. Both London and Texas have been very quick - no
problems so far:

July 16 - Garth files 129F in Dallas through Catholic Charities (they go
through your submission for a small fee to make sure everything's ok and file
it for you with the INS at Texas Service Centre.)

July 22 - Garth gets NOA-1, receipt to say his paperwork has arrived with INS.

July 23 - I send off completed packet 3 to US embassy in London with Garth's
NOA1 receipt number and ask them to open a provisional file in advance of 129F
approval.

Aug 7 - NOA-2 arrives at Garth's place to say his petition is approved but he's
not there - he's holidaying with me in England.

Aug 13 - Embassy writes to me to say they can now process my papers. We're
confused because they include blank packet 3 forms. We phone them and they tell
us they've received approved petition from Texas Service Centre already; the
blank forms go out automatically but I don't need to do them again. They have
my originals - they just haven't got them on computer yet.

Sept 9 - I've been phoning the embassy every few days. This is the date they
tell me they finally have all our papers on computer.

Oct 3 - I email embassy to express concern that we're trying to arrange
marriage in December but can't finalise anything until we know we have visa.
Politely ask if they can help.

Oct 8 - Kind embassy mails back to say they've scheduled interview for October

Oct 10 - Packet 4 arrives.

Oct 31 - interview and medical on Halloween. Not long now....

Old Oct 12th 2002, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by katnap8:
Hi, I haven't applied yet, but will be going through the same agencies as you. I'm not sure if you're aware but your English Fiance can open a provisional file in the UK by submitting his forms to the London office and requesting that a provisional file be started for him, it's suppose to speed up the overall process. I'm just waiting to get our photos done, then I'm sending in the forms. Good Luck to you both
Katnap since you will be filing before us I will be watching your story and timeline if you would be so kind to post it Yes we are aware that he can open a provisional file and he intends to do that. We are not filing till January as he already has trips booked and paid for to come here to visit before then.

Scarlett, I have been watching your postings. Best of luck to you and much happiness
Old Oct 12th 2002, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Tiff:

Katnap since you will be filing before us I will be watching your story and timeline if you would be so kind to post it Yes we are aware that he can open a provisional file and he intends to do that. We are not filing till January as he already has trips booked and paid for to come here to visit before then.

Scarlett, I have been watching your postings. Best of luck to you and much happiness
Tiff, now you have me worried, my fiance is visiting in early December for two weeks, we are hoping he will be admitted under the visa waiver program while his visa is pending. To show proof that he intends to return to England to await his visa he is bringing a copy of my flight to England which is the same as his return flight, a copy of our car hire agreement while in England and a copy of our hotel reservation for a short stay in London. I called INS and emailed the London Consulate and both said that we had to show proof that he is returning to England. We hope that by proving that we're spending Christmas together in England will be enough.

By the way, what part of England is your fiance from? Mine is from Middlesbrough, Northeast England and he is having a hard time getting his photos done. I've posted already and some people say to try a photo booth or passport photos but then other people say not to, so we're not sure which way to go with this. Has your fiance had his done????

Scarlett - Congratulations- I've seen a few posts by you and I know you've been waiting a long time. I'm glad to see that the long wait is almost over. Yours only seems to have taken about 3-4 months, is that the average??? Good luck
Old Oct 12th 2002, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Scarlett:

approval.

Scarlett, I wanted to ask you, is Packet 3 to US Embassy the 3 forms on checklist IV-15, the ds-230 the 156 and 156k and do you have to wait to get a NOA #1 receipt number in order to open a provisional file or can you just do it right after you submit the I129-F forms.

On your form DS156, what did you write for the question that asks, "when do you intend to arrive in the US"? we have no idea since it depends on the visa. Also, "how long do you intend to stay in the U.S"? should we just write, indefinetely?

Also, did you sign the DS-230 PartI where it says signature applicant? For some reason, it's stuck in my head that I read somewhere not to sign any of the forms you submit to London. That you have to wait to sign them in front of the visa officer.

Any assistance to the above questions would be greatly appreciated
Old Oct 12th 2002, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I am Tiffs Fiance And I am from down south a few hundred miles from Middlesboro in Cambridge. We plan on getting our photos taken in Arizona when I am there in december.

Good luck to you

Tiff, now you have me worried, my fiance is visiting in early December for two weeks, we are hoping he will be admitted under the visa waiver program while his visa is pending. To show proof that he intends to return to England to await his visa he is bringing a copy of my flight to England which is the same as his return flight, a copy of our car hire agreement while in England and a copy of our hotel reservation for a short stay in London. I called INS and emailed the London Consulate and both said that we had to show proof that he is returning to England. We hope that by proving that we're spending Christmas together in England will be enough.

By the way, what part of England is your fiance from? Mine is from Middlesbrough, Northeast England and he is having a hard time getting his photos done. I've posted already and some people say to try a photo booth or passport photos but then other people say not to, so we're not sure which way to go with this. Has your fiance had his done????

Scarlett - Congratulations- I've seen a few posts by you and I know you've been waiting a long time. I'm glad to see that the long wait is almost over. Yours only seems to have taken about 3-4 months, is that the average??? Good luck
Old Oct 12th 2002, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Katnap, yes I have read that you can enter if you have proof that you are returning, we had thought long and hard about that and for us we chose not to do that and just wait to file, but certainly many people have done as you two are doing. Have a wonderful time together and I will be watching your progress.
Old Oct 12th 2002, 8:27 pm
Scarlett

>Scarlett, I wanted to ask you, is Packet 3 to US Embassy the 3 forms
    >> on checklist IV-15, the ds-230 the 156 and 156k and do you have to
    >> wait to get a NOA #1 receipt number in order to open a provisional
    >> file or can you just do it right after you submit the I129-F forms.
    >> On your form DS156, what did you write for the question that asks,
    >> "when do you intend to arrive in the US"? we have no idea since it
    >> depends on the visa. Also, "how long do you intend to stay in the
    >> U.S"? should we just write, indefinetely?
    >> Also, did you sign the DS-230 PartI where it says signature applicant?
    >> For some reason, it's stuck in my head that I read somewhere not to
    >> sign any of the forms you submit to London. That you have to wait to
    >> sign them in front of the visa officer.
    >> Any assistance to the above questions would be greatly appreciated

Yes you're right about packet 3. You can send the forms before you send the
completed checklist if you don't have all your documents - it speeds up the
process and this particular embassy invites you to do this. I waited for the
receipt number but others haven't and have had no problem getting a provisional
file opened.

When you intend to arrive in the US - this is important. We originally put
January. I mailed them earlier this month to say we wanted to be married in
December and they responded with an interview date later this month and
commented in their email that I had originally said I was travelling later. So
they definitely seem to schedule interviews based on when you plan to get to
the US so - earliest feasible date is probably best

I put I planned to make my home in the US and stay there.

I didn't sign the forms.

All the very best with your processing - keep us posted!

regards
-=-
Scareltt

Old Oct 12th 2002, 9:08 pm
Scarlett

>Scarlett, I have been watching your postings. Best of luck to you and
    >much happiness

Thanks so much, Tiff. Hoping everything goes smoothly for you too. Hang in
there - it will all happen.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Oct 12th 2002, 9:14 pm
Scarlett

>By the way, what part of England is your fiance from? Mine is from
    >Middlesbrough, Northeast England and he is having a hard time getting
    >his photos done. I've posted already and some people say to try a photo
    >booth or passport photos but then other people say not to, so we're not
    >sure which way to go with this. Has your fiance had his done????
    >Scarlett - Congratulations- I've seen a few posts by you and I know
    >you've been waiting a long time. I'm glad to see that the long wait is
    >almost over. Yours only seems to have taken about 3-4 months, is that
    >the average??? Good luck
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Hi

I got my photos done by taking the embassy directions to a small independant
photographer in my town. He did them exactly as asked and gave me the negatives
in case I needed more. Cost only about £4 for three of us.

Thanks for your good wishes. Keeping my fingers crossed for you too. Average is
a difficult thing to guage with this process - a lot depends on the particular
service centre and embassy involved - London and Texas seem to be very
efficient at the moment.

All the very best to you. Keep smiling

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

PS Any time either of you want to talk - or vent! - feel free to give me shout
- [email protected] - put visa or something in the subject line because i don't
open stuff i don't recognise. TTFN

Old Dec 15th 2002, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Amo mi Británico is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm curious as to what photos you are having done, and if I need to do these as well? I think you and I are both from the Bay Area, correct? If so, perhaps I can advise you on some places to get this done, if you haven't already. Does Packet 3 require photos?

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by katnap8
Originally posted by Scarlett:

approval.

Scarlett, I wanted to ask you, is Packet 3 to US Embassy the 3 forms on checklist IV-15, the ds-230 the 156 and 156k and do you have to wait to get a NOA #1 receipt number in order to open a provisional file or can you just do it right after you submit the I129-F forms.

On your form DS156, what did you write for the question that asks, "when do you intend to arrive in the US"? we have no idea since it depends on the visa. Also, "how long do you intend to stay in the U.S"? should we just write, indefinetely?

Also, did you sign the DS-230 PartI where it says signature applicant? For some reason, it's stuck in my head that I read somewhere not to sign any of the forms you submit to London. That you have to wait to sign them in front of the visa officer.

Any assistance to the above questions would be greatly appreciated