Question about US postage

Old Nov 7th 2013, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

californiagirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about US postage

no worries!
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by californiagirl
personalised typographic prints
They are classed as 'large letter' here, but certainly don't need bubble wrap or boxes! Thanks for all your info, its been really really helpful.
You can still use bubble pack envelopes and pay first class postage as long as the thickness isn't more than 1/4" and is flexible since those go through the automatic sorting machines (DVDs are OK). For "Priority Mail" fixed rate, the post office gives customers free bubble pack envelopes and items can contain any thickness, weight, and rigidity for the fixed price and are scanned by hand. I have Priority Mail fixed rate small boxes and bubble pack envelope envelopes at home that I occasionally use when I need to send small bulky or rigid items. When I ship something, I go to the USPS web site and print a postage paid label, pay by credit card, drop it in the mail box, and by doing it myself, it is about 50 cents cheaper plus I get a free tracking number.

When using your own large 9x12 envelopes, buy them through Amazon.com since they'll be about 13 cents each compared to about 36 cents each when buying them locally in packs of 100 (about $1 each in packs of 10).

http://www.amazon.com/Columbian-Cata...envelopes+9x12

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...lope-Clasp9-x/

Last edited by Michael; Nov 7th 2013 at 5:08 am.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

californiagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Legend, thank you so much for your help. One less thing amongst the million others to worry about!
Old Nov 8th 2013, 2:08 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant

It only cost me $2.16 to send a card to the UK!
I'm only $1.10 for a standard letter or card to the UK, I did send a card the other day that was 'thicker' as it had sequins and crap on the front, think it was an extra 90c.

Note to self: Do not buy cards with sequins and crap...