Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question about social security number

Question about social security number

Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:41 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about social security number

Originally Posted by anabella
Elvira.. the first time I spoke to him he called me a Spanish cow, which I found very charming .. he is my hero since then!
I win:

He has been known to call me a posh condescending cow

SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Elvira.. the first time I spoke to him he called me a Spanish cow, which I found very charming .. he is my hero since then!
Ray uses the term 'cow' as an endearment...it is reserved for the chosen few.
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I win:
No .. It was snotty cow ................
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:42 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ray uses the term 'cow' as an endearment...it is reserved for the chosen few.
So what sub-species are you, according to the Wise Squirrel Exterminator?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:43 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Ray
No .. It was snotty cow ................

I may be posh but I ain't snotty!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I win:

Ahh...that's because you said at the opera you had....oh never mind let's not go there again.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:45 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh...that's because you said at the opera you had....oh never mind let's not go there again.

I remember that comment.. as I find the opera very pleasurable too..
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So what sub-species are you, according to the Wise Squirrel Exterminator?
I'm one of his chosen few too.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:46 pm
Homebody

I remember that comment.. as I find the opera very pleasurable too..

Welcome to my club!

What are your views on discipline and gun ownership?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:48 pm
Homebody

I'm one of his chosen few too.

Yes, but what KIND of cow?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I'm moving to Colorado soon (hopefully) with a CR1, would I be able to apply for a SSN before my green card arrives?
If you want to apply via this method, you tick the 'yes' box on form DS-230 II, the portion of the visa application that you sign at your interview.

If you decide to apply with this automagic process, you must give it a chance to work once in the US; it takes about 4 weeks for the card to arrive (saving you a trip). You do NOT also apply in the SSA office.

If you know you can't wait 4 weeks and leave it alone, don't apply on DS-230, but take SS-5 to your SSA office (any office) and take your chances.
Your status must be verified in SAVE, and it can take from zero to 30 days for CIS to record your status.
You may get lucky and get a card within two weeks, and you may be another Scarlett.

Last edited by meauxna; Nov 1st 2006 at 11:53 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ray mentions that I should wait a few days.. but I was thinking of doing it the day after I arrive.. otherwise I would have to go back to Denver to do it, and that's a 3 hour drive. Do you also think that I should wait a few days or could I do it straight away?
Just to be clear: you CAN go in and apply any time after you have arrived, but if you apply in person, SSA must verify your new status in the SAVE system.
You may be in there immediately, it may take awhile. There is nothing you can do to influence it.

For more SSA tips, search here for posts from mdyoung, the guru of all things SSA.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, but what KIND of cow?
I think it was silly...could have been stupid. Either way I know he loves me really.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:01 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to my club!

What are your views on discipline and gun ownership?

How is that for a question!

I'll just be brief and say what comes to mind. Regarding discipline the first thing that comes to mind is that there isn't enough of it amongst the young ones nowadays. Many aren't tought an appropriate behaviour regarding manners and respect for others and they can become very rough.. I find these very intimidating

Gun ownership is something that I wish didn't exist.. Better even.. Guns and weapons of any kind should have never been made.. if only we could do anything to make them all vanish...
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

How is that for a question!

Gun ownership is something that I wish didn't exist.. Better even.. Guns and weapons of any kind should have never been made.. if only we could do anything to make them all vanish...
Maybe you should go to bed now before Ray gets back. :scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.