Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question about OF230 re who's travelling, plus medical question

Question about OF230 re who's travelling, plus medical question

Old Sep 5th 2002, 5:47 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Question Question about OF230 re who's travelling, plus medical question

Folks, this sounds like a dumb question, but my wife is the USC and I'm the immigrant:

In the instructions of the OF 230 form parts I and II, it says that all those travelling need to each fill one out. Does this include my wife the USC? It doesn't seem like it should but........

Also I have been to my doctor recently, going through the vaccine list, and she was saying I don't need the MMR vaccine since I'm 32, but from what people have been posting here, it looks like the medical insists on it. Should I get it here anyway?

Thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2002, 2:06 pm
Harvey Leems

Default Re: Question about OF230 re who's travelling, plus medical question

Not a dumb question. The instructions state: "INSTRUCTIONS: Complete one copy of this
form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will
immigrate with you."

Only those IMMIGRATING need fill out this form. i.e. only the immigrant beneficiary,
not the petitioner.

As for the immunizations, whatever you don't get you will get a letter once in the US
telling you which ones you still need to get. At least we did.

--
Harvey Leems "samuelburns" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Folks, this sounds like a dumb question, but my wife is the USC and I'm the
    > immigrant:
    > In the instructions of the OF 230 form parts I and II, it says that all those
    > travelling need to each fill one out. Does this include my wife the USC? It
    > doesn't seem like it should but........
    > Also I have been to my doctor recently, going through the vaccine list, and she was
    > saying I don't need the MMR vaccine since I'm 32, but from what people have been
    > posting here, it looks like the medical insists on
    > it. Should I get it here anyway?
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 5th 2002, 6:40 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about OF230 re who's travelling, plus medical question

Originally posted by Harvey Leems:
Not a dumb question. The instructions state: "INSTRUCTIONS: Complete one copy of this
form for yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will
immigrate with you."

Only those IMMIGRATING need fill out this form. i.e. only the immigrant beneficiary,
not the petitioner.

As for the immunizations, whatever you don't get you will get a letter once in the US
telling you which ones you still need to get. At least we did.

--
Harvey Leems "samuelburns" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Folks, this sounds like a dumb question, but my wife is the USC and I'm the
    > immigrant:
    > In the instructions of the OF 230 form parts I and II, it says that all those
    > travelling need to each fill one out. Does this include my wife the USC? It
    > doesn't seem like it should but........
    > Also I have been to my doctor recently, going through the vaccine list, and she was
    > saying I don't need the MMR vaccine since I'm 32, but from what people have been
    > posting here, it looks like the medical insists on
    > it. Should I get it here anyway?
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Thanks Harvey. Honestly I feel dumber everytime I read these forms. I should have noticed that. I guess I was thinking of the moving process instead. Doh!

Thanks for the vaccine info too - I may not be able to get all the relevant info together in time.

Sam.