Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Question about medical

Question about medical

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Crazy Canuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about medical

Just made my appointment for my medical and was told to bring all the papers i recieved from the Consulate. Now my question is: does that include my affidavit of support or just my biographical forms?
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 6:28 am

Jade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about medical

I dug through our paperwork and found the letter from the consulate in Montreal. It states: You must bring your passport or other photo-identification, three photos (recently dated - see sample on reverse side) and your appointment letter. My husband (fiance then) had his medical in London, Ontario - they told him when he made the appointment that they only needed two pictures - but he took three like the letter advised. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 10:43 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont see why you would have to bring the affidavit of support form to the medical.

From what I know with Canada & the medical is bring the form/s for the medical, passport & a passport photo. I could be wrong on this but would like to know for sure. I wouldnt think you'd have to bring every form that was sent to you from the consulate to the medical.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 1:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Crazy Canuck:
Just made my appointment for my medical and was told to bring all the papers i recieved from the Consulate. Now my question is: does that include my affidavit of support or just my biographical forms?
I'm sure the staff that advised you to bring ALL the papers from the Consulate meant your letter from the Consulate which was sent with the packet #3 to you. All the medical staff need is that letter (and some will perform the medical without the letter), the required photographs of you and your passport or photo identification.

If you wish and perhaps you should, you should bring your past immunization record with you.

Also be sure that you are even a copy of the immunization form that the doctor will place in the sealed envelope. This will be help for you to have when you adjust status in the States after marriage.

Rete
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

About the medical in Toronto @ MDS... All I needed was 2 photos, passport and first page of the US Consulate letter with my case # and VISA/MC/AMEX/$ on me...

Rete, about having the doctor put in my own family doctor's note into the sealed envelope (which I just happened to pick up from MDS this morning), I still actually have the note which Dr. Seit gave back to me. I stapled it to my receipt for payment that MDS gave to me... So I suppose that it is useless being outside of the envelope now or should I still safeguard it for AOS?

Ian

Originally posted by Rete:

I'm sure the staff that advised you to bring ALL the papers from the Consulate meant your letter from the Consulate which was sent with the packet #3 to you. All the medical staff need is that letter (and some will perform the medical without the letter), the required photographs of you and your passport or photo identification.

If you wish and perhaps you should, you should bring your past immunization record with you.

Also be sure that you are even a copy of the immunization form that the doctor will place in the sealed envelope. This will be help for you to have when you adjust status in the States after marriage.

Rete
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 4:08 pm
Margaret

I dealt with a doctor in London, Ontario. All I was requested to
bring was the letter I received from the Consulate in Montreal which
showed our case numbers (mine and my son's), our passports, the
medical fee and the photos as stated in the checklist.

Crazy Canuck wrote in message news:...
    > Just made my appointment for my medical and was told to bring all the
    > papers i recieved from the Consulate. Now my question is: does that
    > include my affidavit of support or just my biographical forms?
    > --

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 6:23 pm
Spirit

I think when they say all the paper work that the consulate gave to
you they mean the paper work for the medical. Form I-693 I believe.
Im not sure what you're going for, your K-1 or not. My husband and I
just go married and did it that way. I just had my medical done and
the only form I had to bring was the I-693 for the doctor to fill out.
Hope that helps.

Cindee

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 12:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by eiloo:
About the medical in Toronto @ MDS... All I needed was 2 photos, passport and first page of the US Consulate letter with my case # and VISA/MC/AMEX/$ on me...

Rete, about having the doctor put in my own family doctor's note into the sealed envelope (which I just happened to pick up from MDS this morning), I still actually have the note which Dr. Seit gave back to me. I stapled it to my receipt for payment that MDS gave to me... So I suppose that it is useless being outside of the envelope now or should I still safeguard it for AOS?

Ian

You're fine Ian. The personal physician's immunization record has no reason to be in the envelope. The INS doctor would have completed a separate official immunization chart for your file and that is in the envelope. Be sure to keep your doctor's record in case your AOS runs over the time limit and you are required to get the immunization supplement in the States.

Rete