Question

Old Dec 15th 2001, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sharon is an unknown quantity at this point

We have our Approval Notice, now just waiting on the Embassy. My Question is this:- Is the rest really just a formality? Can the embassy deny you the visa if they want to? If so, why? I can't see why they would, I guess I'm just worrying, you don't realise how tense this whole thing is really.

Thanks to anyone for any reassurances etc
Old Dec 15th 2001, 4:20 pm
Michael D. Young

Sharon wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hi All!

The embassy sure can deny the visa. The INS approval to me is just a worthless step
to milk $95.00 out of you.

VISA INELIGIBILITY

The immigration laws of the United States, in order to protect the health, welfare,
and security of the U.S., prohibit visa issuance to certain applicants. This includes
persons who have a communicable disease such as tuberculosis, or have a dangerous
physical or mental disorder, or are drug addicts; have committed serious criminal
acts, including crimes involving moral turpitude, drug trafficking, and prostitution
or procuring; are terrorists, subversives, members of a totalitarian party or former
Nazi war criminals; are likely to become public charges in the U. S.; have used fraud
or other illegal means to enter the U.S.; or are ineligible for citizenship. Some
former exchange visitors must live abroad 2 years. Physicians who intend to practice
medicine must pass a qualifying exam before receiving immigrant visas.

Take care,

Mike

Old Dec 15th 2001, 5:07 pm
Onigiri

[usenetquote2]> > Sharon wrote: Can the embassy deny you the visa if they want to? <<snip>> Thanks[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to anyone for any reassurances etc [/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
<<snip>>
    >
K-1 is to milk, K-3 is to really bilk, but VW-AoS is smooth as Silk ! Could Nervous
Sharon post whether her fianee lives in a VW country ?

Old Dec 15th 2001, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

I'm the fiance and I live in the UK So, yes we're a visa waiver country, although I have a B1/B2 visa because I once overstayed by 30 days due to the friend I was travelling with being unwell. Had no problems with gaining the visa and I have tavelled on it twice since and never overstayed again obviously.

What's the point of having the American INS give approval then if it's worthless?

I don't fall under anything the kind person posted there regarding being disqualified.
Old Dec 15th 2001, 7:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The fiancee visa is a two part visa. The first part, the I-129F, is just to verify the citizenship of the application and the requirements that the couple is free to marry and have met in person within the last two years. The second part, the K-1 which you will be doing, is the most important part. The K-1 stage requires you prove the validity of your relationship to some extent via documentation and personal interview, your character via police clearance, your health via a medical and your USC fiancee's ability to support you if you are approved.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding you had of the I-129F process.

Rita
Old Dec 15th 2001, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Rita,

You are very kind and have helped me to understand it better It's not that I'm worried so much, just nervous that someone who has never met either of us holds the rest of our lives in their hands I suppose.

I sent my papers in before we got the approval notice, although that is now with us.

Kindly, Sharon
Old Dec 15th 2001, 7:46 pm
Toni B

>

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Oh, don't we??

Old Dec 16th 2001, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

You is an expression actually meaning me. Sorry if I made it unlcear. Must be a Brit thing.