Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Query regarding H1B visa stamping appointment in Mumbai, India

Wikiposts

Query regarding H1B visa stamping appointment in Mumbai, India

Old Nov 10th 2003, 4:26 pm
meetash

Question Query regarding H1B visa stamping appointment in Mumbai, India

This is Ashish Shah from Orlando, USA working currently on H1B for an American company. Currently I have H1B approval from INS authorizing me to work in USA. I plan to visit my home country (Mumbai, INDIA) for a period of less than 2 weeks and also need to get my PASSPORT stamped with H1B visa.

Could you please let me know how could I schedule an appointment online since I would be in India for a very short time ? I need to retain my PASSPORT with myself since it will be needed while travelling to India and hence can't send it ahead of time to US consulate in Mumbai for stamping. Is this appointment scheduling service only available for people currently in India ?

What about people currently in USA needing to schedule an appointment in home country (INDIA) ? (I can send all my documents needed for scheduling except the PASSPORT which I need for traveling back to INDIA)

Thanking you in advance for your time and assistance.