Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Queen...not H.R.H......

Queen...not H.R.H......

Old Jan 14th 2006, 3:39 am
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all
Default Queen...not H.R.H......

Him that goes to work every day, got given 2 tickets for the Queen and Paul Rodgers concert at the quicken loans arena in Cleveland......and while I`m dead keen to go( because bingo sessions are few and far between here in Norwalk O.H) I need some extra imput....anyone seen or heard anything?
Old Jan 14th 2006, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queen...not H.R.H......

I think I saw something during halftime on a football game last week. Rodgers didn't sound that bad, but I guess if you go there expecting to hear Freddie like vocals, you'll be disappointed.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skybluesue
Him that goes to work every day, got given 2 tickets for the Queen and Paul Rodgers concert at the quicken loans arena in Cleveland......and while I`m dead keen to go( because bingo sessions are few and far between here in Norwalk O.H) I need some extra imput....anyone seen or heard anything?
There's a live album out - recorded in Sheffield, and it sounds like a great show. Paul Rodgers is not Freddie Mercury, but (i) he doesn't try to be, and (ii) he doesn't need to be, either - he is a truely great vocalist who has his own reputation, I hope that they bring their show somewhere near me as I would certainly love to see this show.

BTW Queen is also missing John Deacon, though I don't consider that he was anything special.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 4:47 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be pedantic the correct term is Her Majesty for the Queen not Her Royal Highness
Old Jan 14th 2006, 6:41 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Just to be pedantic the correct term is Her Majesty for the Queen not Her Royal Highness
Yet another side to many faceted Thydney. Royalist! Who'd have known.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 5:53 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer waste of space personally.

On Queen. I prefer to hear the music sung by fred. Brian May and Taylor are milking the royalties. You are right about Deacon. The guy couldnt wait to make millions and retire to tend his garden. Bass players are ten a penny.

Last edited by tony_2003; Jan 15th 2006 at 5:56 am.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Personally I would rather see Paul Rodgers playing with "Free" or "Bad Company" than Queen.

Too right Paul Rodgers is no Freddie Mercury....and Freddie Mercury is no Paul Rodgers.

Can't imagine the mess Paul Rodgers will make of "Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, Killer Queen and Don't stop me now" but can imagine he'll do a good job of stuff like "Headlong, Fat Bottom Girls,Seven Sea's of Rhye and We are the Champions"

Equally think that had things be reversed and Freddie was playing with Bad Company he'd murder "Feel Like Makin' Love and Bad Company" and would probably do well with "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love and Shooting Star".

IMO
Old Jan 15th 2006, 3:54 pm
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all

Bloody Hell.....pulled up on my very first post
suffice to say, I gave myself an hours detention and feel thoroughly ashamed ...I also wrote a long letter to Liz begging her forgiveness.
Pedantic my arse
Old Jan 16th 2006, 12:49 am
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

Oh go you won't regret it. My 2 brothers & their wives saw Paul Rodgers with Queen last year in Newcastle, they both said it was a brilliant concert. Being a Geordie, I loved Paul Rodgers when he was in Free they always played at Sunderland & Newcastle way back inthe 70's. Sex on legs as he was known to us then Saw those guys 15 times & Queen 3 & both were brilliant. I have the CD of the concert in Sheffield (is that where it was ?) & it's great. Actually I'm jealous I'll go for you if you want.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 1:01 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Personally I would rather see Paul Rodgers playing with "Free" or "Bad Company" than Queen. ....
Agreed! ..... I heard he was supposed to be getting back with (a version of) Bad Company a couple of years back, but nothing seemed to come of it.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 3:19 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skybluesue
Bloody Hell.....pulled up on my very first post
suffice to say, I gave myself an hours detention and feel thoroughly ashamed ...I also wrote a long letter to Liz begging her forgiveness.
Pedantic my arse
Thanx for the letter, I forgive you!