British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Queen...not H.R.H...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/queen-not-h-r-h-348230/)

skybluesue Jan 14th 2006 3:39 am

Queen...not H.R.H......

Him that goes to work every day, got given 2 tickets for the Queen and Paul Rodgers concert at the quicken loans arena in Cleveland......and while I`m dead keen to go( because bingo sessions are few and far between here in Norwalk O.H) I need some extra imput....anyone seen or heard anything?

Pimpbot Jan 14th 2006 4:21 am

Re: Queen...not H.R.H......

I think I saw something during halftime on a football game last week. Rodgers didn't sound that bad, but I guess if you go there expecting to hear Freddie like vocals, you'll be disappointed.

Pulaski Jan 14th 2006 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by skybluesue
Him that goes to work every day, got given 2 tickets for the Queen and Paul Rodgers concert at the quicken loans arena in Cleveland......and while I`m dead keen to go( because bingo sessions are few and far between here in Norwalk O.H) I need some extra imput....anyone seen or heard anything?

There's a live album out - recorded in Sheffield, and it sounds like a great show. Paul Rodgers is not Freddie Mercury, but (i) he doesn't try to be, and (ii) he doesn't need to be, either - he is a truely great vocalist who has his own reputation, I hope that they bring their show somewhere near me as I would certainly love to see this show.

BTW Queen is also missing John Deacon, though I don't consider that he was anything special.

Thydney Jan 14th 2006 4:47 pm

Just to be pedantic the correct term is Her Majesty for the Queen not Her Royal Highness :D

CaliforniaBride Jan 14th 2006 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Thydney
Just to be pedantic the correct term is Her Majesty for the Queen not Her Royal Highness :D

Yet another side to many faceted Thydney. Royalist! Who'd have known.

tony_2003 Jan 15th 2006 5:53 am

I prefer waste of space personally.

On Queen. I prefer to hear the music sung by fred. Brian May and Taylor are milking the royalties. You are right about Deacon. The guy couldnt wait to make millions and retire to tend his garden. Bass players are ten a penny.

Rushman Jan 15th 2006 2:22 pm

Personally I would rather see Paul Rodgers playing with "Free" or "Bad Company" than Queen.

Too right Paul Rodgers is no Freddie Mercury....and Freddie Mercury is no Paul Rodgers.

Can't imagine the mess Paul Rodgers will make of "Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, Killer Queen and Don't stop me now" but can imagine he'll do a good job of stuff like "Headlong, Fat Bottom Girls,Seven Sea's of Rhye and We are the Champions"

Equally think that had things be reversed and Freddie was playing with Bad Company he'd murder "Feel Like Makin' Love and Bad Company" and would probably do well with "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love and Shooting Star".

IMO

skybluesue Jan 15th 2006 3:54 pm

Bloody Hell.....pulled up on my very first post :rolleyes:
suffice to say, I gave myself an hours detention and feel thoroughly ashamed ...I also wrote a long letter to Liz begging her forgiveness.
Pedantic my arse :p

cyndi Jan 16th 2006 12:49 am

Oh go you won't regret it. My 2 brothers & their wives saw Paul Rodgers with Queen last year in Newcastle, they both said it was a brilliant concert. Being a Geordie, I loved Paul Rodgers when he was in Free they always played at Sunderland & Newcastle way back inthe 70's. Sex on legs as he was known to us then :p Saw those guys 15 times & Queen 3 & both were brilliant. I have the CD of the concert in Sheffield (is that where it was ?) & it's great. Actually I'm jealous I'll go for you if you want. ;)

Pulaski Jan 16th 2006 1:01 am

Originally Posted by rushman
Personally I would rather see Paul Rodgers playing with "Free" or "Bad Company" than Queen. ....

Agreed! :cool: ..... I heard he was supposed to be getting back with (a version of) Bad Company a couple of years back, but nothing seemed to come of it. :(

Partystar Jan 16th 2006 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by skybluesue
Bloody Hell.....pulled up on my very first post :rolleyes:
suffice to say, I gave myself an hours detention and feel thoroughly ashamed ...I also wrote a long letter to Liz begging her forgiveness.
Pedantic my arse :p

Thanx for the letter, I forgive you! ;)