Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

QM2 Leaves NYC

QM2 Leaves NYC

Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QM2 Leaves NYC

Not a very good picture but you get the idea.

Its a huge ship
Attached Thumbnails QM2 Leaves NYC-p1010036.jpg  
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:31 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it on the TV last night, next to the QE2. Wow! What a difference, especially when you think that the QE2 was once the biggest passenger ship.

Was very tempted to drive down to the south shore with the binoculars to see if we could see it.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 4:01 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QM2 Leaves NYC

Originally posted by mattbutt
Not a very good picture but you get the idea.
Wow, that thing moves fast
Old Apr 27th 2004, 2:31 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Part of me feels bad for not making the effort to hop across town the see it before it departed, though I'm sure it and the QE2 will be back eventually
Old Apr 27th 2004, 2:38 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I took this one on Sunday afternoon:
Attached Thumbnails QM2 Leaves NYC-2-queens.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nathan barley
Part of me feels bad for not making the effort to hop across town the see it before it departed, though I'm sure it and the QE2 will be back eventually

Me, too. And Jim and I were in the city on Sunday to see the new Frank Langella, Ray Liotta play "Match" We were on the westside and never of going the few additional blocks. Like the big farewell the city gave them with the fireworks.

Rete
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:36 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nathan barley
Isn't the QE2 going into retirement and won't be coming back? Or is it coming back here to stay?
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ben
Isn't the QE2 going into retirement and won't be coming back? Or is it coming back here to stay?
Its apparently going to be running routes to the Med and around. The QM2 is taking over the Southhampton - NYC route from it so it wont be back - thus the big deal over the send off.