Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Q on AOS and EAD

Q on AOS and EAD

Old Dec 29th 2001, 4:39 am
Just Joined

samsou is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy New Year
We 've been married for a year and a half and we have ten month twin babies. However my wife does not have enough assets or income to sponsor me yet. I am on F1 status as a student and my only income is my stipend from my assistantship. Based on the fact that I shoud support my twin babies, is there anyways I can , say, use their birth cirtificate as supporting documents to apply for a work permit? Or is there any other way I can get the work permit? I need you unvaluable advice please!!!! And if we 've been married over two years without filing for AOS, would that affect our ability to do so later? In other words is there a time limit requirement that we are subjected to from the day we got married?
Old Jan 2nd 2002, 3:12 pm
Trunk

I did this when I was a student, I applied for practical training permit when I was
done with my F1, that's good for one year, then got a job with a company who got me
my h1-b and under salary.

I don't know what others would say, but you can go for practical training permit, get
a job with a company who would get you H1-b after practical training permit is done
(ie. 1 year) then at that time you would be able to do the process for AOS since you
can afford the process.

Trunk

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >