Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Psychiatrist and Green Card Application

Psychiatrist and Green Card Application

Old Feb 29th 2016, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Marc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Psychiatrist and Green Card Application

A bit of an odd query but if anyone has info on this it's one of you experienced people, and yes I know it's a public forum so it's an odd query but...

My eldest son (11) is going through some issues at the moment and we are really wondering whether he needs to see a Psychiatrist or Psychologist or Therapist etc to help him.
We have pretty decent insurance and I think that will cover it, and I'm well aware that many Americans think going to a Therapist regularly is normal.

However we are in the middle of the green card process. PERM finished a few months back, so we're in the assessment timeframe.

If we choose to take him to see someone will these somehow be held against us for the green card decision?
Are they allowed to delve into the medical records of you and your family members, or am I being paranoid?

Last edited by Marc_ely; Feb 29th 2016 at 3:31 am. Reason: mispelling
Old Feb 29th 2016, 3:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Psychiatrist and Green Card Application

Your son seeing a therapist should have no impact on the green card process.

Rene