Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

PS3 and XBOX 360 from UK to usa

PS3 and XBOX 360 from UK to usa

Old Oct 7th 2014, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

WhyteBoar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PS3 and XBOX 360 from UK to usa

We had an Xbox One and 360s in the UK and sold them before the move.

We've bought new ones here and were able to go online and transfer our accounts to the US region, without a problem. We have even been able to download and install a game which came with the UK Xbox One we sold. We didn't have any season passes, so I'm not sure whether they would work after a transfer, but my Netflix did.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Goodlad is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have a link to buy the correct psu?
Old Oct 7th 2014, 9:12 am
Just Joined

intentional grounding is an unknown quantity at this point

PS3 games are region free, I have imported games from other regions and played them without problems, the Xbox 360 is region locked however so you would only be able to play games from the same region as the console. I once tried to import a game for my Xbox 360, it didn't work out.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 9:15 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goodlad
Did you try google and ebay?
Old Oct 7th 2014, 1:19 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goodlad
NOBODY KNOWS THE EXACT LINK. THERE ARE MANY MODELS OF PSU AVAILABLE FOR THE 360! LOOK ON YOURS TO FIND THE MODEL YOU LAZY SO AND SO.

#rantover
Old Oct 7th 2014, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

jtb87 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are different PSU's for different versions of the XBOX 360. I have the slim model (360s) and paid about $25 off of Amazon. For the PS3 I just bought a new power cable as it didn't need anything else.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

H Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

The PS3 def works - despite it stating on the outside it is single voltage only - apparently if you open it up it says dual voltage inside. I can guarantee this as I am using mine now.

Or sell both in the UK and buy an X Box One and PS4 here - they are down to $400 each.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

andrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to just sell my PS4 and buy a new one, might just make a new account rather than transfer over aswel. I have a .co.uk email so want a .com address.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:58 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewlohnes
I'm going to just sell my PS4 and buy a new one
Why??
Old Oct 8th 2014, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

smarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond repute

I read that it depends how old the PS3 is as to whether it was dual voltage or not. Some versions aren't apparently. Couldn't get a definitive answer though. Online content won't work though but the discs will.
I bought my son a PS3 in August for his birthday, second hand, on the agreement that we sell it before we leave and when we get to the US he can have a new one (or a PS4). Seemed a lot simpler. Bought the PS3 for £100 and have sold it for £100.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 3:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by smarty156
I read that it depends how old the PS3 is as to whether it was dual voltage or not. Some versions aren't apparently. Couldn't get a definitive answer though. Online content won't work though but the discs will.
I bought my son a PS3 in August for his birthday, second hand, on the agreement that we sell it before we leave and when we get to the US he can have a new one (or a PS4). Seemed a lot simpler. Bought the PS3 for £100 and have sold it for £100.
<ignore all I wrote previous, just realised you weren't the OP >

Last edited by hungryhorace; Oct 8th 2014 at 4:13 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

andrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Why??
Because all I'm travelling with is a suitcase. Plus next month, with a bit of luck, I'll get a US credit card and then buy bits and bobs like that over the 13 months before I move to bring my credit score up.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 4:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by andrewlohnes
Because all I'm travelling with is a suitcase. Plus next month, with a bit of luck, I'll get a US credit card and then buy bits and bobs like that over the 13 months before I move to bring my credit score up.
I'd bring it with me in a separate suit case, cheaper than selling and re-purchasing it here, surely?
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

jtb87 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I moved over here I put my ps3 and xbox 360 in a carry on suitcase so they wouldn't move about in the bag, I could protect it as much as I needed to (and carry it onto the plane), plus they wouldn't go walkabout/get annihilated when the baggage handlers have your suitcase.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Well I'll sell my PS4 in the UK for maybe £250-300 with all the games ($400-485) and then just buy a new 1 there for maybe $499 in a bundle. Saves buying another suitcase and paying for extra luggage.