Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Proud to be an American

Wikiposts

Proud to be an American

Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proud to be an American

Originally Posted by Sentosa
Yesterday my husband and I went to Orlando for our citizenship interview we were approved at 8.30 yesterday morning at 3.p.m we were sworn in as American citizens. It was a suprise to be approved and sworn in all in one day and great feeling.
The lady who interviewed us was wonderful. She also said that they now had more people and the processing time was speeding up here is our time line.

N-400 application recieved Texas 22nd Feb 2005
Fingerprints done 15th May2005
Interview date recieved 7th January 2006
Interview date 8th Feb.2006
Approval and swearing in 8th Feb.2006

Good Luck to everyone going through for citizenship
Congrats, nice one. Almost no more USCIS. Run out & get the Passport ordered & register to Vote.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:11 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Now that you're a citizen, are you able to apply for a US passport?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:13 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I did this

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/natz/natztest.asp

shame it only generates 5 qs a time; I managed 9/10 total.
actually that's the only one I've done , it's easy cos it's multiple choice...but when giving the link i noticed the other 100 questions and you have to know the answers...a little tricker than multiple choice...Sentosa...I'm guessing from your posts that you aren't given multiple choice...I'm going to have to look up the names of the Texas senators just incase it's a question
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Now that you're a citizen, are you able to apply for a US passport?
yes and they are keeping their british citizenship also.so they will be dual
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
actually that's the only one I've done , it's easy cos it's multiple choice...but when giving the link i noticed the other 100 questions and you have to know the answers...a little tricker than multiple choice...Sentosa...I'm guessing from your posts that you aren't given multiple choice...I'm going to have to look up the names of the Texas senators just incase it's a question
No it's not multiple choice the person who interviewd me just pulls them off the computer so even she doesn't know what they will be, she asked me 4 of the questions, so you could be asked any one of the questions from the 100, there was 10 questions on the paper she pulled off. she asked what are the colours of the stripes, was there a limit to how many times a congressman could serve, what did the stripes on the flag represent and who was the first President of the U.S.A
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

No it's not multiple choice the person who interviewd me just pulls them off the computer so even she doesn't know what they will be, she asked me 4 of the questions, so you could be asked any one of the questions from the 100, there was 10 questions on the paper she pulled off. she asked what are the colours of the stripes, was there a limit to how many times a congressman could serve, what did the stripes on the flag represent and who was the first President of the U.S.A
Can you phone-a-friend?

Do you have to get them all correct, or what percentage?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
NYC N400, the Senators, Mayor & Governor are usually among the top questions.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Can you phone-a-friend?

Do you have to get them all correct, or what percentage?
Nah, to phone anyone?

It has been written in many threads that they ask up to 10 questions, sometimes Computer generated, in my case from the interviewers head. If you get one wrong they asked another until you get them correct. Or so it has been written.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
It has been written in many threads that they ask up to 10 questions, sometimes Computer generated, in my case from the interviewers head. If you get one wrong they asked another until you get them correct. Or so it has been written.
Reg. Frank R.
That seems pointless.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Britarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond reputeBritarm has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>
Good Luck to everyone going through for citizenship
Congratulations to you both. I registered to vote the day I received mine, and went and got my Passport picture, I hear it's good for ten years now... you know how they say that later in life you will always remember the day something spectacular happened, well getting my Citizenship was one of them.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:41 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

lol usa citizenship is something i will not be entertaining lol my good old gc will do just fine
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

That seems pointless.
So you would need to be really crap to fail. Do they actually fail anyone?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol usa citizenship is something i will not be entertaining lol my good old gc will do just fine
Have to agree with you there TruBrit.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:56 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
Have to agree with you there TruBrit.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

That seems pointless.
Yep, to pointless. Yes to, it has been reported on here & other sites several times (Did not happen to me).
I think if you pass muster with all the requirements for becoming a Citizen, the verbal test is not seen as that important (By the Interviewers). It's also why USICS/Government want to increase the test to written & much harder.
Reg. Frank R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.