Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Proposed Date of Travel

Proposed Date of Travel

Old Sep 30th 2002, 11:46 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proposed Date of Travel

Hi Everyone,

I am filling out the OF-169 and am wondering what other people in the same situation as me did. It seems that the London Embassy is very good at putting your interview just before the proposed date of travel you specify but what did people (like me) put who had a house to sell and stuff to clear up? Did you put a fictional date about six weeks away from the filing date, leave it blank - put your best guestimate (Next year after I have sold the house and convinced my Mother George Bush isn't going to conscript me into the US Army to fight Sadam!)

Just interested to see what people think the best cause of action would be, I would like my interview in December as we are popping over in January.

Cheers

Patrick
Old Sep 30th 2002, 2:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proposed Date of Travel

Originally posted by Patrick:
Hi Everyone,

Just interested to see what people think the best cause of action would be, I would like my interview in December as we are popping over in January.

Cheers

Patrick
Then I would most certain reqeust a date for the first week of December as travel date is end of month. Remember the K-1 is good for entry for six months from date of issue. So even if you were to next it week, you could still use it in January without fear.

Rete
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

kpnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proposed Date of Travel

Originally posted by Rete:

Then I would most certain reqeust a date for the first week of December as travel date is end of month. Remember the K-1 is good for entry for six months from date of issue. So even if you were to next it week, you could still use it in January without fear.

Rete
I put ASAP for the date,then at the interview they asked me for a date, but whatever date I gave didn't really mean anything coz when I asked if I had to travel on the date I gave, he said no

kpnuts