British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   PROPOSAL Of Marriage!. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/proposal-marriage-359435/)

Derbys12 Mar 6th 2006 8:13 am

PROPOSAL Of Marriage!.

SO............how did all you people Propose to your Beloved when you went to the USA??? :confused:

Was it all romantic?, or was it a Well Shall we get married then or not!, type of thing!.......just like us English do!....... :p

Lets here from you all and sees who's the most Romantic!..

Angry White Pyjamas Mar 6th 2006 1:08 pm

Re: PROPOSAL Of Marriage!.

Originally Posted by Derbys12
SO............how did all you people Propose to your Beloved when you went to the USA??? :confused:

Was it all romantic?, or was it a Well Shall we get married then or not!, type of thing!.......just like us English do!....... :p

I was already married long before moving to the USA.

CarlM Mar 6th 2006 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Derbys12

Beloved saw a ring she liked when we were out shopping one weekend, so i headed back to the shop during the week and bought it, had it sized, then took her for a weekend in Atlanta, and proposed on our Hotel balcony overlooking Atlanta just before we went out for a very expensive dinner..

silly girl said yes too!

Damn, i'm good!

anotherlimey Mar 6th 2006 6:33 pm

I'm surprised this hasn't been moved yet!

It all started with horse tranquilisers..... :D;) j/k

We were on Miami Beach for Valentine's Day weekend, I woke her up early for the sun rise, took her down to the beach, got down on one knee, read a poem I'd written ( :o ) and produced the ring.:)

Patrick Mar 6th 2006 6:39 pm

As a I was cumming, seems a little rash now

CitySimon Mar 6th 2006 6:51 pm

My bedroom at my parents house. She was sitting on the top bunk... Seriously!!

She had been over on a short term visa after finishing her degree and was looking at extending it for another year. Her visa expired in mid-april and it was mid-february... She had made a few enquiries and found that they would not extend her visa as "admin assistant" or "self employed artist" are not valid occupations to get visas to live in England.

She phoned me at work and told me. I decided over the course of the afternoon to ask her to marry me.

No ring, no sunset on a beach. I just told her that I didn't want to go back to doing the long distance relationship thing Blah! Blah! ..etc...etc... (apparently I was very romantic although I can't remember what I said) and asked her to marry me.

We bought a ring a couple of days later and got married six weeks later! :) (This April will be seven years)

Angry White Pyjamas Mar 6th 2006 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I'm surprised this hasn't been moved yet!

It all started with horse tranquilisers..... :D;) j/k

We were on Miami Beach for Valentine's Day weekend, I woke her up early for the sun rise, took her down to the beach, got down on one knee, read a poem I'd written ( :o ) and produced the ring.:)

I've just vomited.

blaze Mar 6th 2006 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I was already married long before moving to the USA.

Same here.

anotherlimey Mar 6th 2006 6:55 pm

I've just vomited.

lol, last of the old romantics me!! :D

We had discussed marriage before, so she knew it was coming at some point.

snowbunny Mar 6th 2006 6:56 pm

My own was online, on the phone, in person, and again just before we got married. :D

I heard this morning about a couple who visited the Alamo. The man drew a line in the dirt and asked his girlfriend to step over it. She did, and they have been married seven years!

Now THAT is a Texan engagement!

AWP, you gonna vomit again, or is that manly enough for you?

Ray Mar 6th 2006 6:56 pm

I've just vomited.

I was watching COPS on a Saturday night...she was jabbering away in the background about something ..I just said "whatever" with no idea of what she said...

CitySimon Mar 6th 2006 7:04 pm

To be honest, I asked my wife to marry me after we had been going out for about two weeks and atleast once a month after that.

Usually I meant it as a semi-joke but she always said yes.

Elsie The Maid Mar 6th 2006 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick
As a I was cumming, seems a little rash now

I'd get that rash checked out if I were you.........

anotherlimey Mar 6th 2006 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by CitySimon
To be honest, I asked my wife to marry me after we had been going out for about two weeks and atleast once a month after that.

Usually I meant it as a semi-joke but she always said yes.

Can't fool us; you were testing the water.... :p

Angry White Pyjamas Mar 6th 2006 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
My own was online, on the phone, in person, and again just before we got married. :D

I heard this morning about a couple who visited the Alamo. The man drew a line in the dirt and asked his girlfriend to step over it. She did, and they have been married seven years!

Now THAT is a Texan engagement!

AWP, you gonna vomit again, or is that manly enough for you?

As long as he bitch slapped her afterwards then I'm cool.