Reload this Page >

Problems with International AutoSource

Problems with International AutoSource

Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

ccmtozzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Problems with International AutoSource

Guys,

I read a lot about International AutoSource before came to US and really good things about them in the Forum, but now I'm in a situation where they just "let in the dark", delay on answer my questions and change documents without any explanation.

Three weeks ago they send me the documents to the Lease, and after 2.5 months of waiting the car I was glad that I would receive my car. After signed everything, pay the other part of the down payment they just said the car didn't arrived, it was a mistake in the system and I need to wait. At this time I was just pissed, because it means that I need to extend my rental again... another USD 900...

20 days after this, they send me an e-mail and say the contract has expired (what I found odd because there was a big post-it on it saying not to date, and I didn't date) and they need a new contract. At the time I received the contract I notice they change the numbers, it's not the same thing, the rebate from the Factory increase and of course, my value not decrease. Of pisses me off is instead of come clear they just give me some excuse like the date.

Another things is the License Plate and Registration that I need to pay when I get the car. I ask them about that and took 2-3 emails dodging the question to finally answer me. They say will be USD 300 for the Edge, but I sill worried about some different value when I get the car at the dealership.

The due date to the vehicle is this week and I have the impression that they won't delivery... Anyone had problem like this in the recent past? I just saw topics on IAS two to three year old...

Thanks,
Christian
Old Apr 8th 2014, 4:49 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems with International AutoSource

Have you called IA and asked them about this. Sometimes it is better speaking to someone to ask questions. Also call the delivery dealer and ask them what the charges will be. Mine charged the vehicle preparation fee and registration, but IA made that clear upfront.

This is IAs New York number - 516 496-1816
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear you had problems, my experience was very positive, though we had to wait for a few weeks for our car to be delivered as it wasn't held in stock. We knew that from the outset and IA was totally honest about that, so there were no surprises. .... That said, I was buying, not leasing, and it was 12 years ago.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Just talk to IAS and they agreed to pay for my rental starting today up to the vehicle delivery but they can't say when the vehicle would arrive, could be 1, 3 or 3 weeks. And they agree to send a new lease contract without the change in the Price... let's see how things go...
Old Apr 15th 2014, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Did anyone here cancel their order with AutoSource? I'm thinking about cancelling the order and try to do something direct with BMW. I heard they have a program for Expat too, anyone experience that program with BMW? Is it good?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 4:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ccmtozzi
...direct with BMW. I heard they have a program for Expat too, anyone experience that program with BMW? Is it good?
Might get lucky and find the threads if search is working as people have done it before. Audi and VW as well.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 1:28 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

a friend of mine did ok with VW expat in Austin. He got a good deal on the lease after being in the country 6 weeks or so. Sorted out quickly too.

We went the International autosource route and all went v well too.

Good luck
Old Apr 16th 2014, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
a friend of mine did ok with VW expat in Austin. He got a good deal on the lease after being in the country 6 weeks or so. Sorted out quickly too.

We went the International autosource route and all went v well too.

Good luck
Thank you for the info! I will take a look at BMW and VW since IAS don't have a date to delivery the vehicle, if the price is good I will talk to IAS and try to cancel the deal, the contract said that if they don't delivery on time I could cancel without a penalty, let's see how it goes.