British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   problem, my interview and sons passport on the same day and time (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/problem-my-interview-sons-passport-same-day-time-689711/)

stress_head Oct 15th 2010 6:44 pm

problem, my interview and sons passport on the same day and time

Hi guys im not sure if i have a problem or not, i booked an apointment to register the birth of our son and get his passport done on fri 5 Nov at 8:30, ive just recieved my new interveiw date, guess what, fri.5 Nov at 8:30..

Can my wife just go in with him (he's 3) or do we both need to be there??

Thanks

fatbrit Oct 15th 2010 8:11 pm

Re: problem, my interview and sons passport on the same day and time

Originally Posted by stress_head (Post 8920892)
Hi guys im not sure if i have a problem or not, i booked an apointment to register the birth of our son and get his passport done on fri 5 Nov at 8:30, ive just recieved my new interveiw date, guess what, fri.5 Nov at 8:30..

Can my wife just go in with him (he's 3) or do we both need to be there??

Thanks

You'll need to complete a DS-3053.

Play special attention to the instructions @ http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...s/under16.html under Application by One Parent. You'll need the British equivalent of a notary on the form.

Mummy in the foothills Oct 15th 2010 8:11 pm

Not sure about the birth registration, but for US passports for a minor here they made us both go and sign in front of the county clerk.

lplkemc Oct 16th 2010 8:50 pm

I would call the expensive line and ask their advice.

My husband's interview is the 15th, and we are trying to arrange DD's passport renewal for the same day. I am going to phone the embassy and discuss with them on Monday.

ian-mstm Oct 16th 2010 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by stress_head (Post 8920892)

Keep your interview date... reschedule your son's registration. No brainer.

Ian

stress_head Oct 19th 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks fro the replys, yes it would be easier to just reschdule if the trip wasnt costing nearly £300 a go, we live in the northeast, trains, hotels etc add up, think i will call them up and have a very quick chat, and see what they say...thanks guys n galls

lplkemc Oct 19th 2010 8:09 pm

That is why we are trying to have both on the same day.

Phone the embassy on the London line - the passport section to ask about timings, etc. You will have to phone in the mornings because you cannot speak to anyone after 12 or 12:30. Obviously I have not been able to speak to them yet as I don't know the answer!

stress_head Oct 19th 2010 8:14 pm

its never as easy as it should be...lol

lplkemc Oct 20th 2010 8:31 am

spoke to the embassy passport section this morning. It is on the other side of the building from the immigration visa section.

He said that at most it would take about 2 hours, so we are going after DH's interview. His interview is at 9, and I have made the passport appt for 11:30.

Good luck with yours!

stress_head Oct 22nd 2010 9:02 pm

sounds like you got things sorted..our appointments are both at 8:30..still gona have to call and see what can be done...

lplkemc Oct 24th 2010 8:35 pm

phone the local number for the passports between 8:30 and 12:30 m-f.

I found that the Visa department (on the expensive line) did not know what to do - and kept referring me to passports.

02074999000 (main embassy number)