Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Problem with American passport?

Problem with American passport?

Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:05 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Problem with American passport?

I probably shouldn't ask this question on here, but can't find the answer anywhere.

Last time my USC husband re-entered the US from visiting the UK, his passport was not stamped with the re-entry stamp. As we are preparing for another trip, we are wondering if that will cause him any problems? He is thinking that to the British authorities it appears like he overstayed his visit there. Does anyone know the right authority for us to ask about this issue?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:12 pm
Plaster Duck Lover

Hilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond reputeHilda Ogden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with American passport?

Originally Posted by dbark
I probably shouldn't ask this question on here, but can't find the answer anywhere.

Last time my USC husband re-entered the US from visiting the UK, his passport was not stamped with the re-entry stamp. As we are preparing for another trip, we are wondering if that will cause him any problems? He is thinking that to the British authorities it appears like he overstayed his visit there. Does anyone know the right authority for us to ask about this issue?
Funny you should mention, I had the same thing happen to me and they never said a sausage. Was panic stricken but all was apparently well. Don't kill me though if they promptly deport him. Did you talk to US/UK Customs though, especially with all the blarney going on at the minute?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:40 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I'd pack something that proves he was back in the US -- just in case. Payslip or credit card bills come to mind. His check-in stub for the flight would, of course, be a good clincher. Don't proffer them on entry but you can use them if they demand proof.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:03 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I'd pack something that proves he was back in the US -- just in case. Payslip or credit card bills come to mind. His check-in stub for the flight would, of course, be a good clincher. Don't proffer them on entry but you can use them if they demand proof.
Good idea, thanks. So you don't think there's any need to pursue it any further before the trip?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:19 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
Good idea, thanks. So you don't think there's any need to pursue it any further before the trip?
Wouldn't bother. They should have the info he left anyway from the manifest they send to the Yanks after take off.