Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Princess Micheal Of Kent

Princess Micheal Of Kent

Old May 27th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Princess Micheal Of Kent

Has anyone else heard reports of Princess Micheal telling a black American to go back to the colonies ? Apparently reported on the UK radio this morning.
Old May 27th 2004, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Princess Micheal Of Kent

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Has anyone else heard reports of Princess Micheal telling a black American to go back to the colonies ? Apparently reported on the UK radio this morning.
Here's a link:
http://www.ntlworld.com/partners/itn/world/1590430.php

Why is her name Micheal???
Old May 27th 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by Steff
Here's a link:
http://www.ntlworld.com/partners/itn/world/1590430.php

Why is her name Micheal???
Because it the archaic UK she has taken her husband's name - he is Prince Michael of Kent and she became Princess Michael for some obscure and Royal reason!
Old May 27th 2004, 2:03 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
What's the big deal? Had she told 'em to go back to Africa, I could see some outrage, but just to go back to the colonies?

I swear I will never understand the European fascination with these pathetic "royal" leeches. I was kind of hoping that at Felipe's wedding they all would get food poisoning and die. (Except for Juan Carlos and his family, who have done an excellent job in guiding Spain in the transition from Franco's dictatorship to democracy.)
Old May 27th 2004, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cygnus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, they reported on this story on GMTV this morning (I am still in the UK you see!) and they were speaking live with one of the women who was at the table in the restaurant - she and her group clearly felt very strongly about it all. Apparently when this women later confronted Princess Michael about her remark, the Princess was reported as saying: "I didn't say go back to the colonies - I said remember the colonies. There were rules in those days that were very good...." When the woman asked her what she meant by that comment, the Princess then apparently replied "Think about it".

It's a big story over here and is making front page news in some of the papers.

Josie
Old May 27th 2004, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by ironporer
What's the big deal? Had she told 'em to go back to Africa, I could see some outrage, but just to go back to the colonies?

I swear I will never understand the European fascination with these pathetic "royal" leeches. I was kind of hoping that at Felipe's wedding they all would get food poisoning and die. (Except for Juan Carlos and his family, who have done an excellent job in guiding Spain in the transition from Franco's dictatorship to democracy.)
Totally agree with them being leeches. However, her referring to the colonies refers to black people being slaves. I guess that is pretty much a nasty comment don't you think?
Old May 27th 2004, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Who freed the slaves ? William Wilberforce led the movement in parliament back in 1810.
Old May 27th 2004, 3:56 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

Her Royal Highness Princess Michael of Kent Real Name

Baroness Marie Christine von Reibnitz

Now there's a good old fashioned British name maybe she should bugger off back to Austria if she isn't happy and take the German Rabble with her.
Old May 27th 2004, 3:58 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AlisonPA
Totally agree with them being leeches. However, her referring to the colonies refers to black people being slaves. I guess that is pretty much a nasty comment don't you think?

Sorry- my bad. I assumed by colonies meant the US. I forgot about all the other's you all had back then.
Old May 27th 2004, 4:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by vegas
Her Royal Highness Princess Michael of Kent Real Name

Baroness Marie Christine von Reibnitz

Now there's a good old fashioned British name maybe she should bugger off back to Austria if she isn't happy and take the German Rabble with her.
Don't see why, she fits right in. All the rest of the royal family are German too. Windsor is just an adopted name.
Old May 27th 2004, 7:30 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

This is true they changed their name from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor to avoid being associated with the German and Russian Royals (Who just happened to be their cousins) and who were in the throws of revolution and abdication. Didn't want the British populace to realise that the Kings family had started a war they had just lost most of their men in.
Old May 27th 2004, 7:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Thydney
This is true they changed their name from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor to avoid being associated with the German and Russian Royals (Who just happened to be their cousins) and who were in the throws of revolution and abdication. Didn't want the British populace to realise that the Kings family had started a war they had just lost most of their men in.
Not only that, Mountbatten was originally Battenburg, changed c.WWI for reasons of anti-German sentiment.
Old May 27th 2004, 8:26 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

leads nicely into that classic British tea time staple, Battenburg cake, or is that German too?
Attached Images  
Old May 27th 2004, 8:30 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
leads nicely into that classic British tea time staple, Battenburg cake, or is that German too?
Can I have crumpets instead. I've never liked Battenburg.

So who do you reckon will be the next Royal or celeb death? My money's on a 5000-1 shot of Princess Ann being eaten by one of her own corgies.
Old May 27th 2004, 8:35 pm

Originally posted by sibsie
Can I have crumpets instead. I've never liked Battenburg.

So who do you reckon will be the next Royal or celeb death? My money's on a 5000-1 shot of Princess Ann being eaten by one of her own corgies.

Those aren't corgies, they're bull terriers:scared: They ate the Queen's corgi. Royal privilege isn't what it used to be.

O and the cake is German - but then so is marzipan and where would we be without that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.