Princess Di

Old Oct 26th 2003, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Princess Di

So?

What do you all think then about this new report that she knew she was going to die in a car accident? That 'rock' of hers is looking to make some real rocks ( diamonds..money, what have you ) on this disclosure. Can't they let her rest in peace for God's sake?
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:20 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I've suddenly lost all confidence in Paul Burrell's testimony. He's starting to come over as slimy and untrustworthy. I don't think Diana would have wanted all this stuff revealed. It's unsavoury and I think he's just discovered his own little gold mine and is milking it for all he's worth. The fact he's gone to America proves it. He's a major on the chat shows now and he must be raking it in. I think he's foing it to get back at the Royal Family after the took him to court and tried to discredit him, and anything that embarrasses them is good for him.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:02 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Personally I dont give a hoot. The sooner the Royal Family are sacked the better. They could though be sold to the Japanese.

Waste of time, money and they are a bunch of arrogant tossers.

Did I hold back?
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scotch03
Personally I dont give a hoot. The sooner the Royal Family are sacked the better. They could though be sold to the Japanese.

Waste of time, money and they are a bunch of arrogant tossers.

Did I hold back?
While I am not a fan of the royals, that above statement about waste of money is BS. Have you ever seen the amount of tourists that mingle around royal sights spending their money. I bet they bring more money to the economy in tourism, than they now spend on their lifestyles.

I'm sick of Di and I am sick of Burrell, he is slime and she was a media manipulator!
Old Oct 26th 2003, 4:58 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

What pisses me off about Burrell is why has he only just come up this letter and why didn't he hand it in to the proper authority when she died and when i say proper authorities i don't mean the daily mirror. Diana is dead end of story let her be in peace and stop dragging her name into the front whenever there is a slow news day, I am not a personally a royalist and i mean them no offense but there are bigger problems in the world than some dead socialite that never got her hands dirty or ever did a days work in her sad little life.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 5:15 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Why didnt the RF pay inherintance tax when the old QM died?

That was worth millions of pounds - perhaps that could have gone to a hospital (several) or a school (several). Oh that's right, the public can pay for them......
Old Oct 26th 2003, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scotch03
Why didnt the RF pay inherintance tax when the old QM died?

That was worth millions of pounds - perhaps that could have gone to a hospital (several) or a school (several). Oh that's right, the public can pay for them......

The Crown estates pay for the civil list and then some! The massive surplus from the crown estate revenue goes straight to the Treasury to benefit tax-payers. in essence the RF costs us nothing. Charlie boy, who doesn't get any civil list monies, has always paid tax and donates the surplus of the Duchy of Cornwall's profits to charity- the Wales family doesn't get a bean of tax-payers money. The Queen mother was a Queen consort and therefore is exempt from death duties as the bulk of her estate was left to the Queen Regnant- its an old deal to keep the monarchy's wealth and treasures intact. Unless you'd prefer to see them sell off national treasures to America to pay inheritance tax and find themselves on the council house list one day.... I think we've already made enough cutbacks on the monarchy- at least our monarch pays income tax, unlike other European monarchs.
Personally I think the nations treasures are in better hands with the Queen as caretaker than politicians.

Burrell has become unhinged I think- it wasn't the RF who made the case against him it was the Spencer family, in fact it was the Queen who stepped in and stopped the trial which was a fiasco. He's lost all credibility now, publishing private letters is just plain tacky whatever reason he claims as his motive.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 7:29 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Pimpbot
While I am not a fan of the royals, that above statement about waste of money is BS. Have you ever seen the amount of tourists that mingle around royal sights spending their money. I bet they bring more money to the economy in tourism, than they now spend on their lifestyles.

I'm sick of Di and I am sick of Burrell, he is slime and she was a media manipulator!
do you think they would stop looking at the buildings if we had no Royals? Like looking out across Paris from the Eiffel tower and saying this is nice but my enjoyment is spolied by the lack of Monarchy?

The bottom line is that the Royals are rich and privilaged people who have wealth power and privilage for no reason other than their birth. That seems unfair to me. I would say thank god i live in America now but thanks to George.W.Bush the Estate tax has been scrapped and the USA is creating its own aristocracy of wealth.

Vive la revolution!

regards,

Duncan
Old Oct 26th 2003, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncs
do you think they would stop looking at the buildings if we had no Royals?
Not totally, but it would destroy the British tourist industry if there was no royalty in those palaces and castles. I dont see the American tourists queuing up to fly to Holland, so that they can walk around the Dutch royal palace. Its the misteeq(sp) of our Royalty that brings in the tourists. If I had a pound for every American who has asked me about the Royals and visiting London since I have been travelling to or living here, then I'd be living in a palace of my own. I went to Buckingham palace last year with my wife to show her that and various other royal buildings, she loved it, but I know damn well she couldnt have given a toss if there was no royal family living in it. I'm not defending the royals, I am just saying that they are worth a lot to the country as a whole. I seem to remember a few million people queuing up to walk past the queen mum a year or so ago.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Buckingham palace doesn't attract the visitors- its a drab building really, not a work of art like the Palace of Versailles- the changing of the guard attracts the tourists and for that you have to have a monarch in there- that's the attraction. Try and get a flight home around the time of Trooping the Colour, many Americans are fascinated by the monarchy- its the biggest market for 'royalty' books and big dollars for UK tourism.
The RF are worth their weight in gold for British export too.

It aint just because GW is president that America is rapidly becoming a nation of haves and have-nots (not unlike pre-revolution France actually)- this has been the case decades before GW was put in place....and to be fair it's called capitalism! Meritocracies are ruthless, callous systems Duncs-you'll have to get used to that. I agree there is an aristocracy in America- ruled by the mighty dollar- and an old school tie system, the only differences are there's no "title" and inherited wealth can actually rule the country, certainly in the case of GW.

The Royal family has no real power- that's the beauty of it. Most of their wealth is tied up in the nation- the Queen didn't even make it into the top 100 in the rich list. They do have privilege and pay a huge price for it in freedom.

My question to republicans, and as yet I haven't heard a rational answer, is what would you replace the monarchy with? President Blair and Cherie in Buck house??
More importantly perhaps- do you honestly believe the British tax-payer would be any better off without the monarchy? Given that the 'cost' of the monarchy works out at 61p per tax-payer per year- in reality there is no cost to the tax-payer- the Crown Estates more than pays for the monarchy with Millions of pounds on top going straight into the treasury. A fact the tabloids forget, or don't know, to tell their readers in their gleeful trashing of the monarchy.

Last edited by Taffyles; Oct 26th 2003 at 10:26 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:39 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Princess Di

Let the manipulative bitch rest in peace for petes sake. I didn't really like her when she was alive and now she is dead she is just pissing me off with all the publicity. Who on earth cares, not me.

Sad that she died and left two young boys in the care of big eared, plant talking moron but se la vie (or not).

Patrick

Originally posted by Poshpaws
So?

What do you all think then about this new report that she knew she was going to die in a car accident? That 'rock' of hers is looking to make some real rocks ( diamonds..money, what have you ) on this disclosure. Can't they let her rest in peace for God's sake?
Old Oct 27th 2003, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

If Charles had been allowed to marry Camilla back in the 70s then the royal family could have plodded along happily. OK she is not as pretty as Di was, back you know Camilla makes Charles happy. And after all, that is what is the key to life, being with the one person who makes you happy.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 1:04 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Personally I'm relived he didn't marry me! "Nuff said"

The down draft from those ears would have messed up my hair!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 2:34 pm
Up Yir Kilt

And tune in next week for the Dr Scrumpeeee Love Show on 746.8 FM.......
Old Oct 27th 2003, 3:56 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

They are wonderfull for London tourism, not much good to the rest of the UK who DO have to rely on historic buldings to bring in tourists, Edinburgh is a good example, millions of yanks flock there and there is not a royal in sight! well ocasionally her madge might pop into Hollyrood Palace. The point is that I think the pulling power of the royals is over estimated...if you have a city that's steeped in history they will come regardless.

Hey taffy I was wondering, how often the "Queen of England" visits Wales? Or Northern Ireland?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.