Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Prince Harry?

Prince Harry?

Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Harry?

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
You know, if this had been one of my mates turning up to a fancy dress party dressed in this uniform, we'd have probably laughed and then that would be the last of it. But Harry has to learn to make better decisions, or someone around him needed to say "Look, you're going to get killed in the media for wearing this". I'm all for Big Ears kids trying to live "regular" lives, but they have to understand that whatever they do, it will be looked at closely under a microscope by tabloid Britain. It was just plain dumb on his part.
Yep, Harry is learning the hard way too that he isn't safe anywhere. I read on another site that someone at the party took the photo and sold it to the Sun for 10,000 pounds. Nice friend. His mother found that she couldn't trust anyone, guess its going to be the same for him especially since" Harry the bad boy" has been cast in the media. The gutter press being what it is, he'll be damned if does and damned if he doesn't from now on. There was precious little said about the good work he did in Lesotho and the kids he's providing money for over there.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:21 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
why are the press so hell bent on putting him down? I know he is inline to the thrown and he has done some really stupid things but at the end of the day he is a kid and kids will be kids. I am sure william has done his share of mis behaving too but how come that never gets reported? Maybe it is just the press in the US?

Ash
He's a young man who made a silly mistake - and that's it. The way the media have hounded him is appalling, imho. The real issue should be what the hell were Harry's minders thinking? Where were they? The third in line to the throne should have better advisers.

Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:34 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
The third in line to the throne should have better advisers.
The third in line to the throne isn't a child. He should know better. Whenever he's out in public there's always a strong chance that someone's going to catch him doing something. If he wants to act like a twat, then he should be able to accept the consequences.

(this post was brought to you by an anti monarchist )
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:48 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by sibsie
The third in line to the throne isn't a child. He should know better. Whenever he's out in public there's always a strong chance that someone's going to catch him doing something. If he wants to act like a twat, then he should be able to accept the consequences.

(this post was brought to you by an anti monarchist )
How unforgiving ... he is a young man and what young man has not made the odd very silly mistake? I see no intent on the part of Harry to insult or injure anyone. I am no royalist, but for heaven's sake we need to be human about this and be forgiving. He made a very silly mistake. He is sorry. Move on.

Old Jan 17th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

The press wont be happy until their is no monarchy, very sad indeed. Like them or not the Royal family set Britain apart from every country in the world not to mention bring in countless revenue from tourism. A US pundit said at the weekend 'what kind of parenting is he getting' well he would have had 2 parents if it had not been for the press!

He is a stupid boy but that is all. He has apologised and now everyone should get over it, he has learned his lesson.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:16 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ladylisa
The press wont be happy until there is no monarchy, very sad indeed.
I'm fairly agnostic on the subject of the monarchy, seeing merits in both monarchist and republican arguments. But the fact that the likes of Murdoch support the abolition of the monarchy make me more inclined to keep them, because I know damn well what Rupe's motivation is. He wants a republic for one reason alone - a President can be bought, while a Queen can't. I'd probably support a republic if the President had the interest of the people, rather than multinational corporations, at heart, but how likely do you think that is in the present political climate?
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nxylas
I'm fairly agnostic on the subject of the monarchy, seeing merits in both monarchist and republican arguments. But the fact that the likes of Murdoch support the abolition of the monarchy make me more inclined to keep them, because I know damn well what Rupe's motivation is. He wants a republic for one reason alone - a President can be bought, while a Queen can't. I'd probably support a republic if the President had the interest of the people, rather than multinational corporations, at heart, but how likely do you think that is in the present political climate?
In Mirky Murdoch's own words "One man can't change the world...but I can have fun trying"- he's more dangerous than Bush or any of them. Oh he'd love to see Blair in Buck House :scared: ..He who controls the media....

Last edited by Taffyles; Jan 18th 2005 at 3:12 am.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Taffyles
like many 20 year old boys (and I've had two).
At the same time ? Bet that was a night to remember Taff
Old Jan 18th 2005, 1:18 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffyles
Harry has no conviction of drug abuse, so it wouldn't keep him out of the services.
Hate to point this out but you don't have to be convicted of it to be discharged from the services you need only test positive. ( In fact you only need to admit to taking it)As he has confessed to said abuse as well as underage drinking he has obviously had special treatment.

As for their estates I was merely pointing out they didn't get them out of their own pockets. They were stolen.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:12 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

The press wont be happy until their is no monarchy, very sad indeed.
Fine with me! Out with them! Or at least cut off their tax revenue. The longer I've been away, the fewer reasons I see to keep them - they only seem to set us apart in negative ways. The "can't buy a Queen" argument does not hold - what does she have that you want to buy? As for Harry, he should be free to represent himself as he chooses - he's old enough not to need any parental guidance. If he chooses his costumes based on arrogance, then he knows he needs to deal with the outcome. If his choice results from stupidity, well, I'm not even going to start on that road....
Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:28 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Like them or not the Royal family set Britain apart from every country in the world not to mention bring in countless revenue from tourism.
I think you'll find that there are in fact other countries in the world with a monarchy, and most of them do a far better job of it than our lot.